What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tom Cable for the Next Buff Coach?

Idot Buff

Why not? He loves the area, and he seems to know what he is doing....(we will ignore his apparent propensity toward domestic violence....).

We could do better than Danny if we hired my dead grandmother....

We could have Lady Gaga running the offense, Britney Spears running the defense and Madonna as the head coach and do better than Talkins and his incompetent staff. So that aint' saying much.

We could have Lady Gaga running the offense, Britney Spears running the defense and Madonna as the head coach and do better than Talkins and his incompetent staff. So that aint' saying much.

That would be pretty sweet, actually....

Absolutely not. I remember him saying these five guys will be playing on Sunday. He had over 50 different combinations on the oline two guys who started were second team by week five. The guys liked him but he had trouble staying with the same five guys on the OL. Things did not improve until he left, and really when Marshall took over.

I really don't want Cable. I think he's a crappy coach. But, if that's not enough, I don't want a coach that brings this kind of baggage with him. He doesn't embody the image we want to project...

In the meeting among coaches that included Cable, defensive coordinator John Marshall, defensive backs coach Lionel Washington and assistant defensive backs coach Willie Brown, Cable allegedly came at Hanson from behind as he was verbally contesting what Marshall had said.
According to the source, Cable knocked Hanson out of his chair and up against the wall and into a cabinet. Cable and Hanson fell to the floor, where Hanson was choked, the source said, and Cable was pulled off Hanson by the other men before Cable went after Hanson again.
“Cable said, ‘I am going to kill you, I am going to kill you,’ as he was choking him,’’ according to the source, who also said furniture in the room was damaged.

Cable chokes on the field and in the office

Cable is a horrible idea. Not only did he fail miserably in Idaho, but he hung his assistants out to dry as an excuse.

He would fistfight the other coaches. Though his offense has worked very well in Colorado lately.

Last time a soon-to-be-ex-Big XII-team hired a raiders coach, it didn't work out so well for them. I'd just as soon learn from history rather than repeat it.

Career highlights and awards
As coach:
As player:
Career history

We'd have the best halftime shows in the country!

Career record as a HC of 28-62, pass. Also assumed this guy was closing in on 70 years old but was shocked that he’s only 55.

Back