What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 5 RBs

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
These are my top 5 that I had the opportunity to watch in person 1968-current
1) Charlie Davis
2) Rashan Salaam: Austin '94' incredible, UT people around me couldn't believe what they were seeing.
3) Bobby Purify: 01 should've had 200+
4) James Mayberry
5) Phillip Lindsay

Chris Brown didn’t make it? Purify was great, but CB was who I wanted to run the rock.

Lots of other guys could be in here, but I personally loved the way Rodney Stewart played.

I realize that Stewart has fans around here, but I’d probably list 12+ CU RB’s I’d pick over Stewart. He was loved in large part because he was an unrated RB in the same class as Scott.

I realize that Stewart has fans around here, but I’d probably list 12+ CU RB’s I’d pick over Stewart. He was loved in large part because he was an unrated RB in the same class as Scott.
2ND all time leading rusher. Top 5 single season rusher. Played behind a terrible O line on bad teams. I'd easily take him over a guy like Purify.

2ND all time leading rusher. Top 5 single season rusher. Played behind a terrible O line on bad teams. I'd easily take him over a guy like Purify.

As I said, he has his fans. He probably averaged 4.5 yards per carry and his longest run from scrimmage in four years was probably about 7 yards. Not knocking anyone for liking the guy, I just would pick a bunch of other guys ahead of him.

Salaam
EB
Bobby Anderson (also played QB but was a stud at RB)
Brown
Phil

Honorable mention to Charlie Davis, Bo Matthews (FB but dominating player, our highest ever NFL draft pick) and of course
J.......J.......Flann----------------igan.

1) Rashan Salaam
2) Byron "Whizzer" White
3) Eric Bienemy
4) Chris Brown
5) Lindsay (put him on the 90's teams and look out)

Underrated, but not all-time greats: Cortlen Johnson, Marlon Barnes, Hugh Charles , Purify

I don't have a top 5, but Rashaan should head the list. EB should be up there. I never saw Whizzer play, I've heard he was great. I liked how Cortlen played, kinda James Hill, Lamont Warren in a smaller body. Phil is Phil, workhorse. Brown and Purify were both bad asses too, ask those red peckerheads to the East.

Back