What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TopGolf coming to Folsom Field

This is the football forum.
Yes, the football is played in Folsom (well at least something purporting to be football). So I figured CU fans who also like golf, and might want to get a different look at the stadium and/or who had kids might think this was cool.

Yes, the football is played in Folsom (well at least something purporting to be football). So I figured CU fans who also like golf, and might want to get a different look at the stadium and/or who had kids might think this was cool.
True. Could be the highest attended and joyful event at Folsom in the next year as well.

Dead and Company have that covered.
I need to get to dead and company at Folsom.

Chris Farley Sudden Realization GIF

CU continues to seek a new rock bottom. Golf. In Folsom. Sacrilege.
more appropriate for Colorado and CU... anyone know if there's been an attempt to ski or ride down stands or steps of Folsom Field after a good snow?

the stones (2x), the who, heart, jethro tull, george thorogood... some of the bands i saw at folsom. good.times.
that's a sweet list. massive respect. Tull was 1982? just looked at the setlist, that was a helluva show.

that's a sweet list. massive respect. Tull was 1982? just looked at the setlist, that was a helluva show.

when tull came out, ian anderson was dressed as the aqualung homeless guy. he stumbled across the stage and fake puked into a trash can. half the crowd cheered and half wasn't sure what to do or think. i cheered. the girl i had been getting close and stoned with just about 3 minutes prior, she looked at me aghast and that was that. i had just met her so no big loss.

that may be the 2nd greatest opener ever. best opener i ever saw live was at the old mcnhicols arena-- blue oyster cult. lead singer came roaring on to the stage on a harley and accidentally laid it down. he and the harley slid across the stage. he managed to get up and perform, so that was cool.

3rd greatest opening-- Springsteen at mcnichols--- me and my buddies are fired up and bruce comes out and starts to rev it up. there are 2 dudes in the row in front of us and all of sudden, during the opening song, a bunch of security guys jump them and beat the **** out of them and drag them out. 2 new guys come in and take the seats. they are both bruised and bloodied. turns out the first 2 dudes had jumped them and stolen their tickets. i was very impressed with the frontier vigilante justice dealt by the bouncers.

worst opener ever: at the who in folsom... crowd rushes the stage when they start and i am about 30 yards from stage center on the field when the wave hit. i get carried to about 10 yards from the stage and get separated from my friends who lose their backpacks and such in the wave. i end up between 2 hells angels and they start threatening everyone to give them more room. i joined their "team" and it worked-- not proud of it but i could breathe. saw people pass out standing up and have to get passed over the top to emergency people.

best first arena rock concert: the stones in 78. i was a kid, barely a teen. went with a buddy and his "responsible" older sister. first thing she did when we got to our seats was to break out a bottle of george dickel-- i have love whisky every since.

grateful dead shows-- the best were at red rocks. some i even have some memory of. hippie chicks are the best.

Back