What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UC Irvine Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Monday, 11/18, 7:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
I think mainly because I'm still in football (at most one game a week) mode, Buff bball with what feels like a quick turnaround between games (although 2 days is the norm once conference starts) as the Buffs face-off against the Anteaters tomorrow at the CEC (or is it the CUEC?).

Get the win Buffs!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain and National channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2019/11/18/uc-irvine-colorado .

Live Audio - Looks to be available at https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2376&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=724771518495916198 .

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

15_Artest_.jpg

4f4e4e45eab8ea2e480000c1

Official preview article, with more on the Anteaters, now out on cubuffs.com - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/11/17...es-buffs-ready-for-battle-with-uc-irvine.aspx

"
BOULDER — For the casual fan, Monday night's matchup between Tad Boyle's Colorado Buffaloes and UC Irvine might seem like just another early season home game for the No. 25 Buffs.

But those who follow college hoops recognize UC Irvine as the team that won 31 games last season and knocked off fourth-seeded Kansas State in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. They might also know Russell Turner's Anteaters have three starters back from that squad — including preseason All-Big West guard Evan Leonard — and that they are picked to win another conference title this season.

It is why Boyle barely took time to smile Saturday after his team's 71-53 win over San Diego. In fact, even before the Buffs had a chance to cool down after improving to 2-0, Boyle was warning them about what awaits in Monday's 7 p.m. matchup at the CU Events Center (Pac-12 Network).

His message to the media was only slightly less forceful.

"I'm telling you what, the game Monday night is going to be a battle extraordinaire," Boyle said at the post-game press conference. "We're playing a well-coached, well-disciplined, tough team … We've got our hands full on Monday night and our fans need to understand."

Boyle is making sure his players understand. The visiting Anteaters (3-1) also own a win over San Diego this season, albeit by a narrower margin, but also on USD's home floor. They are coming off a 69-60 win Friday at Boise State, meaning they will have actually had a little more time to rest than the Buffs in between games.

Perhaps most importantly, the Anteaters aren't intimidated by a visit to a Power Six conference team's home. Last season, UC Irvine compiled a 13-2 road record that included a win at Texas A&M.

"We talked about it after the game and we're going to talk about (Sunday) at practice," Boyle said. "We had better be ready to battle on Monday night because it is going to be a knockdown drag-out, I promise you, and we have to be ready to go."

But no matter how many people are in the stands, the Anteaters don't figure to be intimidated. With three starters returning from last year's NCAA tourney team and three more reserves who played regularly, they are no strangers to "big" environments.

The Anteaters have a solid blend of quickness in the front court and big men on the baseline.

The 6-foot-1 Leonard, one of three starters back from last year, has played in just two games, but fellow senior starters Tommy Rutherford, a 6-8 forward, and 6-2 guard Eyassu Worku have picked up the pace, along with 6-9 sophomore forward Collin Welp and 6-11 junior Brad Greene.

Worku is averaging 15 points and four rebounds per game while shooting a red-hot .524 from the field (22-for-42), including 8-for-13 from 3-point range. Rutherford is averaging 9 points and 4.5 rebounds while Greene is averaging 10.8 points and 6.5 rebounds.

BUFFS BITS: So far, the Buffs are succeeding in achieving one of their offseason goals — improved 3-point shooting. CU is shooting .425 from beyond the arc thus far (17-for-40), with D'Shawn Schwartz (5-for-8) and Lucas Siewert (4-for-7) leading the way. Overall, CU is shooting .438 (53-121) from the field … Wright has a solid start thus far in assists-to-turnover ratio, with 10 assists and just four turnovers … Schwartz leads the team in scoring, averaging 15 points per game, followed by Bey (14.5), Wright (14.0) and Siewert (10.0) … Bey leads the team in rebounding with 11.0 per game, followed by Battey, Wright and Siewert, all at 6.5 per game.

THE SERIES: Colorado leads the all-time series with UC Irvine by a 7-0 count, with the last win coming in 2005 in Boulder.

BROADCAST: The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Network while KOA 850 will carry the radio broadcast with Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke.
"

Didn't realize that UC Irvine had 31 wins last season & knocked out KSU in the tourney...legit enough in my book.

Agreed. This game is in that 5-7 range (for either team). If we win by 12+, we're extremely legit.
Is there a BB equivalent to the home field supposedly being worth 3 in FB? I've never heard one. This feels like a 4 or less point win to me, and agreed, if they can win by 12, we have a real good team. It's early, we are still meshing. Whenever they refer to EB looking like a football player on TV - at least once every game - I think how the refs probably see it the same way. Maybe Tad could have EB playing with little kids on court, before the game, right near the refs. Kind of brainwash them

Is there a BB equivalent to the home field supposedly being worth 3 in FB? I've never heard one. This feels like a 4 or less point win to me, and agreed, if they can win by 12, we have a real good team. It's early, we are still meshing. Whenever they refer to EB looking like a football player on TV - at least once every game - I think how the refs probably see it the same way. Maybe Tad could have EB playing with little kids on court, before the game, right near the refs. Kind of brainwash them

Half hour to tip.

Damn do I wish I could be there tonight.

One of the biggest games on the schedule this year.

GO BUFFS!!!

Shocked at how much smaller the pep band is tonight vs the women’s game. The tuba cheer is going to have all of two tubas

Crowd size is disappointing too. Maybe they will be a late arriving one.

Back