What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Yo

zach-wilson-byu-headband-768x432.png

Is BYU going to come to Boulder? They already shot down the idea of playing UW. Maybe when they are ranked outside the top 10 in tonights CFP rankings, they'll decide they need to schedule a P5 game along with Cincinnatti.
Also saw this morning that Washington said they would guarantee the game (no backing out for another Pac 12 team) and byu countered by offering a game at their home stadium. So I doubt they would come to Boulder however they probably think it’s an easier win than UW.

Also saw this morning that Washington said they would guarantee the game (no backing out for another Pac 12 team) and byu countered by offering a game at their home stadium. So I doubt they would come to Boulder however they probably think it’s an easier win than UW.
BYU just trying to save face by offering a game in Provo, IMO. They know the Pac 12 has specifically said any OOC games have to be Pac 12 home games.

Ugggh, want to stay focused on USC, good vibes, good vibes!

I was just going to ask if anyone knows if we have our crappy kickoffs figured out, cause we do not want to let USC get good kick returns?

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to kick it out of the end zone. Every damn time. Is trying to pin them back 5 (maybe 10) additional yards worth the risk of a game changing play? I don’t think so.

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to kick it out of the end zone. Every damn time. Is trying to pin them back 5 (maybe 10) additional yards worth the risk of a game changing play? I don’t think so.
Not sure we have anyone that can actually kick it that far? I agree completely.

How can they guarantee this? Don’t P12 guidelines say differently?

Is BYU going to come to Boulder? They already shot down the idea of playing UW. Maybe when they are ranked outside the top 10 in tonights CFP rankings, they'll decide they need to schedule a P5 game along with Cincinnatti.
Neither BYU or Cincinnati is an actual playoff contender........so we're talking about the New Year's 6 Group of 5 bowl bid.

Cincinnati-Wins over Army (who was ranked when Cincy beat them), SMU (16th in the AP poll when Cincy beat them), and UCF (5-3). They go to Tulsa on December 12, and might play Tulsa again in the AAC championship game.

BYU-Blew out Potato State and beat a meh Houston team by 15. They need a win over a power 5 to make a NY6 bowl. When they come out behind Cincinnati, they'll be begging to play whatever Pac 12 team they can get to avoid a one way ticket to whatever bowl nobody gives a **** about they're ticketed for next month if they're not in the NY6.

Wait for the rankings to come out tonight. When BYU is 3 spots behind Cincinnati, they'll be BEGGING to play Washington, us, or whatever Pac 12 team they can get lined up.

Won't we play Washington at home if USC cannot go?
Talk of ASU not being able to play this week again, which would leave Utah without an opponent too. Hopefully in that scenario, they defer to divisional matchups taking precedent and CU/Utah gets played this week, and then maybe they can rearrange the schedule to replace the last week of the season when CU was supposed to play Utah.

Back