What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vic So’oto added to coaching staff

CU is not a trainwreck destination.
I quite agree. We are not a trainwreck designation. We can't even aspire to be a trainwreck destination. We have no trains. We have no track. We have no coal/oil/electricity or whatever the heck it is a train might run on. We have no capital to buy a train, or tracks or fuel. We're not even like a car wreck, we don't rate being a car wreck. We maybe had a car at one point but daddy took the keys away and the only mechanic in town who could keep the old jalopy running has moved to Oregon anyway. CU is more like a decrepit covered wagon pulled off the side of the Smoky Hill Trail 20 miles outside of Denver in 1867 with a broken axle, a crushed front right wheel, and a mule lame in the left rear leg. And it's raining. Hard.

Still, solid hire. I like it.

So'oto is a big time hire. Adds a recruiter and a Polynesian to the staff as well.

Another way to make room for him is have our LONG TIME NFL WR coach (actually) coach.....WRs. But I'd rather they have Wilson take over ILB and have a new WR coach who brings elements to our offensive scheme, hint hint

Last edited:
I quite agree. We are not a trainwreck designation. We can't even aspire to be a trainwreck destination. We have no trains. We have no track. We have no coal/oil/electricity or whatever the heck it is a train might run on. We have no capital to buy a train, or tracks or fuel. We're not even like a car wreck, we don't rate being a car wreck. We maybe had a car at one point but daddy took the keys away and the only mechanic in town who could keep the old jalopy running has moved to Oregon anyway. CU is more like a decrepit covered wagon pulled off the side of the Smoky Hill Trail 20 miles outside of Denver in 1867 with a broken axle, a crushed front right wheel, and a mule lame in the left rear leg. And it's raining. Hard.

Still, solid hire. I like it.
You have died of dissentary.

CU is not a trainwreck destination.
Okay so you prefer to call CU a tire fire in a dumpster? An overflowing porta-potty? A plane with dead engines and no pilot?

Or any number of other accurate descriptions.

CU is a bad program that is trending worse. It is a place that coaches careers come to a screaming halt, a bad joke in the college football world.

You have died of dissentary.

Ha. I have actually had "the real thing" dysentery after drinking an ill-advised Pisco Sour at the airport in Lima, Peru. Or maybe it was from the roadside corn I tried from a huge caldron run by an Andean woman in the highlands outside of Cuzco. At any rate, dysentery is really, really, really bad. Like take your worst ever case of diarrhea and multiply it times ten, and then take it for a whole week. Like I had to literally lie in bed only to madly rush to the toilet 15 times a day and sometimes not make it. Depends were purchased, it was that bad. Literally went through a couple cases of gatorade to avoid dehydration. Anyway, you were saying I died of something?

Ha. I have actually had "the real thing" dysentery after drinking an ill-advised Pisco Sour at the airport in Lima, Peru. Or maybe it was from the roadside corn I tried from a huge caldron run by an Andean woman in the highlands outside of Cuzco. At any rate, dysentery is really, really, really bad. Like take your worst ever case of diarrhea and multiply it times ten, and then take it for a whole week. Like I had to literally lie in bed only to madly rush to the toilet 15 times a day and sometimes not make it. Depends were purchased, it was that bad. Literally went through a couple cases of gatorade to avoid dehydration. Anyway, you were saying I died of something?

Jokes Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

I had forgotten that Smith coached DBs while at Arkansas.
University of Arkansas, where he was the defensive backs coach and the Razorbacks’ recruiting coordinator for the 2018 and 2019 seasons under head coach Chad Morris. He coached several players that matriculated into the National Football League, including Kamren Curl, a seventh round selection in the 2020 NFL Draft by Washington. He also tutored two freshmen backs, Montaric Brown and Jacques McClellion, who would emerge as standout players in the SEC.

As a recruiter, Smith helped land three four-star defensive backs, cornerbacks Greg Brooks and Devin Bush and safety Jalen Catalon. In his first full recruiting cycle as the coordinator, Smith and the Arkansas staff achieved the highest ranked recruiting class (23rd) in program history.

I am sorry for that. Post my colon recession and being hopped on opiods, I was blocked. They gave me the bowel emptying stuff. I’ve never gone that much. I felt severely dehydrated even though I was connected to IV fluids.

Anyway, I think skibum was making a joke about…

oregon trail 80s GIF

I've had lots of criticism for KD and I don't think he's the guy. I will give him this. It's clear to me what kind of guys he's trying to bring in on the staff: Young guys that are known as strong recruiters with P5 experience.

Mike Sanford Jr: 39 yo, experience at Stanford, ND, Minnesota, former RC at Stanford and seemingly a very good recruiter.
Kyle Devan: 36 yo, experience at Arizona and Michigan. Not entirely sure about his recruiting ability, but I'm hopeful.
Vic So'oto: 34 yo, experience at Virginia and USC, absolute baller on the recruiting trail.

I expect Sanford and So'oto to be the two strongest recruiters on the staff. If we had put together a staff with this philosophy two years ago we would be in a much better place right now, that's the frustrating part. I don't know if it's KD seeing the light or RG forcing him to hire guys with this profile. I strongly suspect it's the latter, which is actually the preferable option as only one of those guys is likely to be here in a couple years....

Back