What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Ann Arbor Michigan

skibum

Thou shalt not groom Mary Jane
Club Member
What in the hell is wrong with that state? First Nassar, now this:

More than 950 people have come forward to accuse the late University of Michigan doctor Robert E. Anderson of abusing them while he was on staff between 1966 and 2003.

A number of Anderson’s alleged victims, most prominently former football players, have publicly told stories of the physician fondling them and repeatedly performing unnecessary rectal and genital exams during their years at the school. As a result, his conduct over decades as the football team doctor has drawn the most attention since the story broke in February 2020, a dozen years after his death.

But the small group of attorneys bringing the case said they also have claims spanning decades from athletes on the wrestling, basketball, track and field, hockey, swimming and tennis teams.

In public accounts and two investigative reports, the survivors said they complained to coaches, trainers and administrators, and nothing was ever done. ... “The university knew, the enabler, the institution — not one time, not 10 times, but knew for decades,” said Mick Grewal, who said he represents about 250 people who have reported abuse by Anderson. “ . . . How can you know this and not report this to law enforcement?”

They've talked about this on the Split Zone Duo podcast before. Schembechler definitely knew. He used it as a way to pressure Anderson into medically clearing players that probably shouldn't have been playing. Just gross all around. Unfortunate that this didn't really come to light until the offenders had already died

Minnesota! I knew it!
I kind of feel like Illinois on this one.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

While I feel no empathy for this guy and any suffering he endures, I'm not going to celebrate this. Being abused, beaten or otherwise assaulted is not part of the legal sentence and this is a huge problem in our penal system.
Yeah, this happens all the time to people that have committed much lesser crimes.

While I feel no empathy for this guy and any suffering he endures, I'm not going to celebrate this. Being abused, beaten or otherwise assaulted is not part of the legal sentence and this is a huge problem in our penal system.
This,

I want him to suffer but not this kind of suffering.

Experts I have heard and read say that many (most) sexual crimes are really not about the sex as much as they are about control, about violating the ability of the victim to control what is the most personal and private elements of our physical being, which is inseparable from our mental/emotional being.

For an individual like Nassar incarceration should be about putting him in a situation where he has no control over others or himself. Not even being able to make basic decisions such as when to wake up or go to sleep, when and what to eat, what to wear, and him knowing that it will be that way for every day of the rest of his life.

Prison should not be a "pleasant" place but you are correct that this kind of violence toward Nassar or so many others should not be a part of the system.

Hard to say how you would stop it though. Many of the people in prisons are either inherently violent (grew up that way) or are prone to violent outburst, or are driven to violence by a fear of what surrounds them in the system. When somebody goes in they are going into an environment full of people who are or potentially will be violent.

At the same time though we can't simply isolate everybody. Humans are social creatures and experience and research has shown that the more prisoners are isolated from other people the greater the damage done to them emotionally and mentally. There are currently cases in the system which claim that solitary confinement settings such as supermax are cruel and unusual punishment based on the mental damage done to prisoners.

If Nassar were to have a heart attack and die tomorrow of natural causes it wouldn't bother me a bit but like you I can't feel good about pain being inflicted on him by fellow prisoners. I want that pain to be inside his own mind as he spends each day realizing what he has done to others and what he as inflicted on them, and what he has lost as a result.

In addition to being geography challenged now you suggest I should follow the link to create a bookmark? Very confusing.
Hovered over the wrong link so I couldn't adequately point out your Miami, Miami. Post #18 in this very thread.

This,

I want him to suffer but not this kind of suffering.

Experts I have heard and read say that many (most) sexual crimes are really not about the sex as much as they are about control, about violating the ability of the victim to control what is the most personal and private elements of our physical being, which is inseparable from our mental/emotional being.

For an individual like Nassar incarceration should be about putting him in a situation where he has no control over others or himself. Not even being able to make basic decisions such as when to wake up or go to sleep, when and what to eat, what to wear, and him knowing that it will be that way for every day of the rest of his life.

Prison should not be a "pleasant" place but you are correct that this kind of violence toward Nassar or so many others should not be a part of the system.

Hard to say how you would stop it though. Many of the people in prisons are either inherently violent (grew up that way) or are prone to violent outburst, or are driven to violence by a fear of what surrounds them in the system. When somebody goes in they are going into an environment full of people who are or potentially will be violent.

At the same time though we can't simply isolate everybody. Humans are social creatures and experience and research has shown that the more prisoners are isolated from other people the greater the damage done to them emotionally and mentally. There are currently cases in the system which claim that solitary confinement settings such as supermax are cruel and unusual punishment based on the mental damage done to prisoners.

If Nassar were to have a heart attack and die tomorrow of natural causes it wouldn't bother me a bit but like you I can't feel good about pain being inflicted on him by fellow prisoners. I want that pain to be inside his own mind as he spends each day realizing what he has done to others and what he as inflicted on them, and what he has lost as a result.
**** all that! I want him looking like this
5767cb0d4783f286d4c89aa3a2038601--boogie-nights-colonel.jpg

Hovered over the wrong link so I couldn't adequately point out your Miami, Miami. Post #18 in this very thread.

So you meant to use the quote feature but then got lazy. Got it.

Back