What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 16 (Feb 28 - Mar 6)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
We need UCLA to win & knock UW out of some tiebreaker scenarios.

I think we want OSU to beat WSU. With us likely in the 5-12 game, we want OSU neutral to be a game that helps our NET. Plus, a chance to overtake Wazzu on NET.

Tonight's action (pretty good slate for a Tuesday):

Final
Dayton (55 NET) won at Richmond (87)
Tennessee (8) won at Georgia (216) -- crap game, but good for CU since UT was on our schedule
Villanova (7) won vs Providence (25)
Oklahoma (48) won vs West Virginia (73)
Vermont (63) won at Maine (353) -- win could actually hurt Vermont + Maine playing anyone with a pulse helps CU's SOS a tiny bit
Toledo (78) won at Buffalo (112) -- could cause them to jump CU
Nebraska (166) won at Ohio State (20) -- Buckeyes will drop quite a bit from that

In Progress/Later
Kansas (5) at TCU (49)
St Bonaventure (79) at VCU (52)
Florida (51) at Vanderbilt (74)
Michigan State (33) at Michigan (37)
Nevada (127) at Boise State (30)
Louisville (125) at Virginia Tech (40)
Purdue (12) at Wisconsin (21)
Cincinnati (99) at Houston (4)
Southern Utah (169) at Montana State (134) -- we need MSU for our SOS
Arizona (2) at USC (27) -- UA helps our SOS more since we played twice + good for tiebreakers + fvck USC

TCU pretty much punched its ticket tonight. Always sad for Buffs fans when KU loses.

Florida won at Vandy.
VCU crushed the Bonnies. (I thought St Bonaventure was set up to have a great season this year. Not so much.)
Michigan is surprisingly having its way with Sparty.

VT has now won 9 of last 10, with a beat down of Louisville.

Wisconsin clinches share of regular season B1G championship, with a great finish against a top 10 Purdue team.

Good day for college hoops!

NET 36 Xavier at NET 74 St. John's right now.

Red Store up by 10 at half. FS1.

NET 36 Xavier at NET 74 St. John's right now.

Red Store up by 10 at half. FS1.
St John's won. That won't help us tomorrow, but for the long view of things it did soften the bubble. Except for Nova, Providence & UConn it's looking like other Big East teams will need 2 wins in the conference tourney to make the Dance.

Speaking of UConn, be nice if they won at NET 66 Creighton (early in 1H).

Crazy, Remy Martin played 4 minutes in Kansas 4 point win versus TCU. Was Big 12 preseason POY. Completely fallen out of the rotation. As a Pac 12 observer, I’m not surprised. He’s playing for an intense you better play defense coach. But still such a crazy fall.

Washington is up by 19 on Oregon with 16 minutes left. If this holds, we're playing for the 4-seed on Saturday.
I sure hope we win Saturday, but if we and USC both lose, don't we get 4th place on the tie-breaker?

I sure hope we win Saturday, but if we and USC both lose, don't we get 4th place on the tie-breaker?
I assume you mean Oregon instead of USC, but yes, CU holds the tiebreaker over Oregon, Washington and Wash St, so Oregon and CU losing tomorrow gives CU the 4th seed.

Correct. For Oregon to get the #4, they need to both beat USC Washington St, and for us to Lose to Utah. In all other scenarios, we get the 4.

We are 1-1 against all other teams in the first tiebreak scenario, and the next tiebreaker is record against #1 Arizona. (We have a win vs #1 Arizona and nobody else does).

Last edited:
Correct. For Oregon to get the #4, they need to both beat USC, and for us to Lose to Utah. In all other scenarios, we get the 4.

We are 1-1 against all other teams in the first tiebreak scenario, and the next tiebreaker is record against #1 Arizona. (We have a win vs #1 Arizona and nobody else does).
Oregon is playing Wash St tomorrow, not USC.

Oregon is playing Wash St tomorrow, not USC.
Whoops, my bad. Corrected post.

Anyway, for the purposes of seeding the Buffs, the only two games that Matter are Oregon v Washington St, Utah v Colorado.

Reactions: '99
Crazy, Remy Martin played 4 minutes in Kansas 4 point win versus TCU. Was Big 12 preseason POY. Completely fallen out of the rotation. As a Pac 12 observer, I’m not surprised. He’s playing for an intense you better play defense coach. But still such a crazy fall.
Angry Badass GIF by Yellowstone

Anyone know the highest NET ranked team to miss the tournament since they started using it?

Texas State lost to Louisiana in the conf tourney. TX State was regular season Sun Belt Champs and will get an auto-bid to the NIT (1 of 32 slots).

We need to watch these considering CU's situation on the Bubble.

Texas State lost to Louisiana in the conf tourney. TX State was regular season Sun Belt Champs and will get an auto-bid to the NIT (1 of 32 slots).

We need to watch these considering CU's situation on the Bubble.

That one shouldn't matter since the Sun Belt will be a 1-bid league anyway

Some teams I'd thought had done enough to make the Dance just had hiccups and may be in trouble if they don't get at least 1 win in their conference tourneys.

VA Tech just lost at Clemson.
TCU just lost at West Virginia.
Indiana just lost at Purdue (this won't hurt NET, but still just an 18-win IU team).
Florida lost at home vs Kentucky (another that shouldn't impact NET, but a 19-win UF team).

I assume you mean Oregon instead of USC, but yes, CU holds the tiebreaker over Oregon, Washington and Wash St, so Oregon and CU losing tomorrow gives CU the 4th se

Thanks. I mis-spoke,

Creighton was NET 62 entering today. Just lost at home to Seton Hall (33). They'll enter the Big East tourney at 20-10.

Buffs will also be 20-10 in a similar NET range as them if we win tonight. These are the Bubble decisions which we need to get the better of. I think it takes tonight plus at least 1 win in the P12T but probably 2 wins to make the final (23 total) if we want to Dance.

Back