What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 5 (Dec 6-12) Games Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Not much of a "Big Monday" tonight.

Illinois at Iowa at 5.

NM State at NM at 7 is a fun rivalry with a direct impact on CU's strength of record.

Not much of a "Big Monday" tonight.

Illinois at Iowa at 5.

NM State at NM at 7 is a fun rivalry with a direct impact on CU's strength of record.
I don't care for either one of them, but I'll say this. The Pit is a fun place to watch a game. Their fans get into it.

Holy sh!t. #20 Florida. Just lost to 0-7 Texas Southern. At home. By 15.
I don't know what it is with Florida. They have talent, but it doesn't seem that their coach is getting across to them. Their injury situation or whatever, Idk enough about. That loss is inexcusable though. Sounds like a, hell, all we gotta do is show up for this one. Having that mentality is straight up poison because you'll do the exact opposite.

I don't know what it is with Florida. They have talent, but it doesn't seem that their coach is getting across to them. Their injury situation or whatever, Idk enough about. That loss is inexcusable though. Sounds like a, hell, all we gotta do is show up for this one. Having that mentality is straight up poison because you'll do the exact opposite.
They got doubled up on the glass. That's an effort problem.

Mike White really heavily relied on transfer portal this year. Mckissic, Fleming, Jones, and Felder. Half their rotation are transfers. White has also underperformed with his talent. Last year his best player collapsed on the court and never returned due to ongoing medical issues so I can sympathize with that. However, his last 3 years have been 15-10, 19-12, and 20-16.

Basically what I'm trying to say. Despite a team that that has won 2 national titles semi recently, has insane resources, and a crazy local talent pool. Tad has the same winning percentage at Colorado that Mike White has at Florida.

#firetad

Sweet Virginia, you got to scrape that shït right off your shoe!

Tennessee 2-23 from 3 in this game. Game really is a rock fight overall.

Anyone who has ever complained about “why does CU go on scoring droughts all the time” should be required to watch this Tennessee-Texas Tech game before commenting again.

Overtime. This is going to be an epic bad beat when it goes 6 OTs and finally hits the over.

Tennessee needs to quit jacking up threes. If you aren't hitting them, do something else. Other words, leave playground ball at the playground.

Overtime. This is going to be an epic bad beat when it goes 6 OTs and finally hits the over.
About 40 years ago, Sports Illustrated always gave away some sports movie on VHS with each subscription. One year, my brother and I got Not So Great Moments in Sports, Volume 4.

My favorite part was the low lights from a girl's high school basketball game, which, after six OTs, was still tied....

at 0-0.

The game was then decided with a coin flip.

Lot's of good games tonight that could go either way.

BYU- Utah State
Arizona-Wyoming- Jeff Linder and Tommy Lloyd doing wonders
Wisconsin- Indiana
Michigan State- Minnesota
UConn- West Virginia
Utah- TCU
SMU- Dayton
Marquette- Kansas State

Today's schedule is absolutely loaded.

10am games are #22 Wisconsin v #21 tOSU, Syracuse v Georgetown, and #24 BYU v Creighton. It's like that all day until finishing with #4 UCLA v Marquette at 7:30 and the final game of #14 Houston v #9 Alabama at 8pm.

Rivalry games like Mizzou-Kansas & Xavier-Cincinnati in between.

I'm loving this Syracuse-Georgetown game. That, along with Nova-Cuse and G'town-St. John's were the big rivalry games of my childhood. Love that they're still playing. Same with the KU-Mizzou game we'll see later today. Certain games need to be played regardless of conference affiliation.

I'd add to that list:

Pitt-West Virginia
Colorado-Nebraska
Texas-Texas A&M
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State
Utah-BYU

You've also got the ones that have never been in the same conference but need to play like Kentucky-Indiana, Illinois-Mizzou and Xavier-Cincinnati.

Back