What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week One Other Games Thread

Highlander

There can be only one
Club Member
Okay, Utah, you have a spotlight Thursday night against BYU. Some prognosticators have you making it to the playoff and the class of the Pac12. You absolutely can NOT lay a giant đź’© in Provo.

Huge game for the Pac-12 in Palo Alto. Orgeon's is big too dropping an early one to NU at home would be a big blow for the OOC resume.

Hasn't the Mountain West won like 5 straight games over the Pac-12 as it stands right now? Obviously that ends Friday night but still not a good streak.

Yep I think the last Pac win over MW was us last year
Edit, nevermind. It was Wazzu over Wyoming the day after us.
Since then It’s been

SDSU 28 ASU 21
Fresno 38 UCLA 14
Nevada 37 Oregon st. 35
Fresno 31 ASU 20 in Las Vegas bowl

Last edited:
Ole Miss @ Memphis

I'm not doing this because of FHCMM, I'm doing this because of Rich Rod's offense at Ole Miss & still wish UA didn't fire RR but they had to.

Utah State @ Wake Forest

Seems like a rare MWC road game to an ACC school that is winnable for said MWC team.

East Carolina @ NCSU

Rivalry game.

Sam Houston State @ New Mexico

UNM's QB has been in and out of practice due to ailing grandfather. SHSU is capable of an upset in ABQ.

Incarnate Word @ UTSA

Battle of the Alamo. UIW made the FCS playoffs last season.

UC-Davis @ Cal

Dan Hawkins gets to be the underdog like in his CU debut back in 2006.

Georgia Southern @ LSU

LSU should win this one but taking the Eagles lightly could be a mistake.

Missouri @ Wyoming

Tigers should win easily if they put the Cowboys away early before the altitude gets to them.

Purdue @ Nevada

Rare B1G road trip to a MWC school.

Florida Atlantic @ Ohio State

Lane Kiffin could troll the Buckeyes.

Indiana State @ Kansas

Just a hunch something could go wrong in Lawerence.

James Madison @ West Virigina

Ditto for Morgantown.

South Carolina vs North Carolina

Brawl of the Carolinas.

Ole Miss @ Memphis

I'm not doing this because of FHCMM, I'm doing this because of Rich Rod's offense at Ole Miss & still wish UA didn't fire RR but they had to.

Utah State @ Wake Forest

Seems like a rare MWC road game to an ACC school that is winnable for said MWC team.

East Carolina @ NCSU

Rivalry game.

UNM's QB has been in and out of practice due to ailing grandfather. SHSU is capable of an upset in ABQ.

Incarnate Word @ UTSA

UC-Davis @ Cal

Georgia Southern @ LSU

Missouri @ Wyoming

Tigers should win easily if they put the Cowboys away early before the altitude gets to them.

Purdue @ Nevada

Indiana State @ Kansas

Ditto for Morgantown.

Brawl of the Carolinas.

I saw somewhere Tulsa’s RB guaranteed he will rush for 200+ yards against Michigan st.

Okay, Utah, you have a spotlight Thursday night against BYU. Some prognosticators have you making it to the playoff and the class of the Pac12. You absolutely can NOT lay a giant đź’© in Provo.
Should be a great game. BYU has put together one hell of a early season schedule. This game being in Provo and BYU seeking revenge for what has to be one of their longest losing streaks in the series... should be fun.

Ole Miss @ Memphis

Utah State @ Wake Forest

East Carolina @ NCSU

Rivalry game.

Incarnate Word @ UTSA

UC-Davis @ Cal

Georgia Southern @ LSU

Missouri @ Wyoming

Purdue @ Nevada

Indiana State @ Kansas

Ditto for Morgantown.

Brawl of the Carolinas.

Why are you paying attention to half the games on that list?

UCLA badly needs a win against Cincy.

@ Cincy
San Diego State
Oklahoma
@ Washington State

Those are the first four games before a more favorable stretch. Lose the first one and 1-3 looks likely and 0-4 is possible.

UCLA badly needs a win against Cincy.

@ Cincy
San Diego State
Oklahoma
@ Washington State

Those are the first four games before a more favorable stretch. Lose the first one and 1-3 looks likely and 0-4 is possible.
I think this is going to be one of the better San Diego St squads too. I think they win the MW West Div.

WEEK 1, BABY!!!
c6e2e650c41464e79c6d8b1ed81a4024.jpg

I'm so gun shy betting wise after Florida disappointed me. At least the Gator fans are shutting up.

Just put $500 on Bianca Andreescu to win the US Open at 15-1. What's that Utah State spread? Let's make it rain!!!

I went with Georgia Tech getting 36 at Clemson Thursday.......Clemson's going to win easily, but 5 touchdowns in week 1 with two of their three toughest games on 9/7 and 9/14? Clemson 41-14.

I went with Georgia Tech getting 36 at Clemson Thursday[insert punctuation here][insert punctuation here].Clemson's going to win easily, but 5 touchdowns in week 1 with two of their three toughest games on 9/7 and 9/14? Clemson 41-14.

As good as Clemson is I also thought 36 is a bit high for this one until I remembered that GT is switching schemes and going away from the option. And trying to break in a new offense on the road against this defense has disaster written all over it.

As good as Clemson is I also thought 36 is a bit high for this one until I remembered that GT is switching schemes and going away from the option. And trying to break in a new offense on the road against this defense has disaster written all over it.

Yeah-I see Dabo taking his foot off the gas given they've got A&M next and then Syracuse after that. Thinking 49-17 given I have an over on 60 there.

Oregon vs Auburn
Wisconsin @ USF
Northwestern @ Stanford
Boise St. @ Florida St.
Houston @ Oklahoma
Oklahoma St. @ Oregon St.
Fresno St. @ USC
UCLA @ Cincinnati
Thanks, Unleash, for filling in the gap of what I should have included. Much appreciated!

Did anyone else watch the Arizona Hawaii game? That was a great game. I won't do any spoilers of the last 10 seconds for ya either but WOW!

I'm so gun shy betting wise after Florida disappointed me. At least the Gator fans are shutting up.

Just put $500 on Bianca Andreescu to win the US Open at 15-1. What's that Utah State spread? Let's make it rain!!!

Pm if you have any hot tips.

Back