What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What about that Pac-10 full merger?

RSSBot

News Junkie
The Big 12 and Pac-10 never fully consummated their relationship after Texas balked at an offer from Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott. But what if they did?

And made it a full merger, which was one of the options Scott discussed with his membership prior to moving forward?

How would that league rank by overall prestige? ESPN's leaving that up to you.

Minus Utah -- the Pac-10's newest member -- you can rank the 21 programs in order. Of course, anything like this is going to be weighted toward recent results, but here's how the fans see it so far:
1. Texas

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. UCLA

5. Oregon

6. California

7. Texas A&M

8. Stanford

9. Oklahoma State

10. Kansas

11. Washington

12. Arizona

13. Texas Tech

14. Missouri

15. Arizona State

16. Oregon State

17. Kansas State

18. Colorado

19. Baylor

20. Iowa State

21. Washington State​
What do you think? Go rank them yourself, or you can send me your thoughts. I can't say I'm sure what I'll get from you, but if there's enough humor or insight, I'll post some of the highlights here later on.

More...

UCLA at number 4 pretty much invalidates this entire thread.

Tech below UW? is it about recent results or overall.....author states "weighted towards recent results" makes this another example of invalidation. Stanford had their best year in a while (since Ty?) and lost to a 5 loss OU team in the mighty Sun Bowl but are also ahead of Tech who has been in the Cotton Bowl (no?) and won the Holiday over Pac competition....one time was it Cal who was whining they were left out of the BCS and got waxed by the Pirate?

Missouri and Tech and maybe OSU should be ahead of UCLA, Stanford. This is silly.

i got to start thinking like a Pac fan, though, now.

Back