What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would it take for you to be pro-Dorrell?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
What's your criteria?

Coaching hires?
Recruiting rank?
Talent gain vs drain from transfer portal?
2022 win total?
Other?

Ultimately, it’s about wins. If he wins, fans will love him.

In the meantime, he needs to show that he has the chops to be a HC. That means having contacts/relationships to build a real staff. This off-season is a test of that capability. Show us that you can pull an OC worthy of being at a P5 school. Show us that you’ve learned the importance of a quality OL coach. And show us that you value recruiting. Hire position coaches that focus on recruiting, and hold them accountable.

Ultimately, it’s about wins. If he wins, fans will love him.

In the meantime, he needs to show that he has the chops to be a HC. That means having contacts/relationships to build a real staff. This off-season is a test of that capability. Show us that you can pull an OC worthy of being at a P5 school. Show us that you’ve learned the importance of a quality OL coach. And show us that you value recruiting. Hire position coaches that focus on recruiting, and hold them accountable.
I would add "give your new OC all the support he needs to implement his new offense" to the list.

That political tribal identity is REALLY important to some people.

It’s going to take a year long process that starts now and ends about this time next year.

1. Closing on/flipping desirable recruits
2. Letting Langsdorf walk
3. Hiring an OC/QB, WR and OL coaches that aren’t head scratchers
4. Win 6+ games in 2022

What's your criteria?

Coaching hires?
Recruiting rank?
2022 win total?
Other?
I'm indifferent to Dorrell, I hated this season, I liked last season. to get me to support him I'd like to see a couple of bold moves with the staff (be they new and young, or reclamation projects I don't care) go .500 next year, win a road game.

CU will not allow itself to take an appropriate financial risk, and hasn’t for some time, this is reflected in what we now have as a program. For this reason, I don’t think I will even pay much attention to the new assistant hires. Hires made on a budget are bound to be head-scratchers at face value.

If KD can show some chops and pull in a few top 30 classes, and field’s a bowl team next year that doesn’t show complete incompetence in any phase of the game, I’ll find myself rooting for him to prove everyone wrong.

A resignation
Clap Applause GIF

I'm indifferent to Dorrell, I hated this season, I liked last season. to get me to support him I'd like to see a couple of bold moves with the staff (be they new and young, or reclamation projects I don't care) go .500 next year, win a road game.

As an example - call Skip Holtz

There are levels of support. I’d tolerate him if he could generate a bowl game next year with some kind of recruiting momentum to make me believe he is going in the right direction. It would be hard to fire a guy who gets us to a bowl game, but that’s such a low bar that I’d remain squarely in the “prove it” camp. Win 8-9 games, show some real improvement in recruiting and get a personality transplant and I’d be fully on board.

Just win baby. Got to be making bowls every year. It shouldn't be that hard in the pac 12.

2022 win totals. Getting to a bowl game would be a successful season. That is all that matters, all the other things on your list are key inputs to the required output which is win totals.

Winning trumps everything.

But even without winning, I think KD will have me strongly in his corner if he does the things to build back a real foundation for this program while showing the will to make unapologetic changes & having the flexibility to adapt.

If he hires recruiters and innovative coordinators, holds coaches accountable for poor performance (their unit or their recruiting(), builds up the support organization staff, works the transfer portal successfully, and builds some momentum that gives me hope for sustained success being on the horizon... I'm in for a couple years until I'd expect to see the wins start rolling in.

I want HCKD to be successful. That said, what we saw from him this year falls well short of acceptable. Football is a great sport and is littered with stories of redemption - hoping he is very introspective this off-season and honest with his approach in order to make the changes necessary.

Wins are the benchmark, but so is being competitive and having a vision for the program. Recruiting needs a major improvement as well.

Best case scenario, he turns things around. Worst case scenario is a repeat of this season which would pile the last shovels of dirt on the program. CU needs him to step up.

What's your criteria?

Coaching hires?
Recruiting rank?
2022 win total?
Other?
Buy a Delorian, go back 20 years, re-do his whole garbage career, have a picture of his 4-8 2021 season, watch it fade away into something respectable, like oh, 7-5.

Winning trumps everything.

But even without winning, I think KD will have me strongly in his corner if he does the things to build back a real foundation for this program while showing the will to make unapologetic changes & having the flexibility to adapt.

If he hires recruiters and innovative coordinators, holds coaches accountable for poor performance (their unit or their recruiting(), builds up the support organization staff, works the transfer portal successfully, and builds some momentum that gives me hope for sustained success being on the horizon... I'm in for a couple years until I'd expect to see the wins start rolling in.
Personally, I didn’t list anything pertaining to wins because I am a firm believer in process first, outcome second. If any college head coach makes recruiting great players and great assistant coaches a priority, their program will very likely succeed on the field.

Personally, I didn’t list anything pertaining to wins because I am a firm believer in process first, outcome second. If any college head coach makes recruiting great players and great assistant coaches a priority, their program will very likely succeed on the field.
I typically would agree with this, but after this last season, competence needs to be part of the question being answered IMO. Any decent coach should be able to find a way .500 in year 3 in cfb. If he’s going to come in and blow up a decent recruiting infrastructure in favor of whatever this is, then results are the only way to measure ‘his’ process.

Back