What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WHats the timeline for interviews?

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Have we had any expectations set of when CU might start interviewing? Are we set just to ride out the season? Or are they planning to get a jump on it after watching a couple of weeks of Sanford?

Have we had any expectations set of when CU might start interviewing? Are we set just to ride out the season? Or are they planning to get a jump on it after watching a couple of weeks of Sanford?
From the quotes I saw, RG is going very slow and has no timeline, plan, agenda, or any goal other than hiring a coach after the season is over.

Thanks, Darth - I was out of pocket this weekend and missed all the fun. Sounds like typical CU stuff - better make sure Sanford isn't the next Dabo.
There was such little information, if any, during the Tucker search. His name didn't even pop on Adam or Brian's radar until it started getting leaked before the CFPNC game he was coaching in. Rick George does run a tight ship when it comes to information, so I imagine we won't know until an announcement is imminent.

There are plenty of unemployed guys like Bronco, Chryst, Herman, etc out there, though, who don't need to wait to interview or express interest

I'd think they may try to get some interviews in during the season with coaches that are not employed right now... the Mendenhall and Herman types. If those guys are your target, go talk to them and get them locked up ASAP so they can get moving on crootin. Going to have to wait until the end of the regular season for coaches that are employed. Texas Tech hiring someone from another team during the season last year was probably an extreme corner case, though who knows, I don't remember a time with this many firings this early in the season. If I remember right, the Tucker search was all around championship week. None of us trust RG and I'm sure most of us feel in our gut that this will run out until March, but in all likelihood, this should be done by championship week, even if it's informal and we have to wait until after a bowl for it to be official.

My brother's neighbor's cousin-in-law works on the janitorial crew at Dal Ward. She saw RG's appointment calendar.

December 20: Call Chuck Neinas. Schedule catch-up dinner.
January 15: Compile list of possible head coaching candidates. Send list to DiSteph for approval.
February 1: Put out press release that an announcement regarding the new head coach will be forthcoming.
February 15: Put out press release that the list of candidates has been reduced to 10. Their names will be forwarded to CU Compliance Office for background checks.
March 1: Schedule telephone interviews with final 10 candidates.
March 20: Put out press release that the list of candidates has been reduced to 5.
March 25: Schedule in-person interviews with final 5 candidates.
April 15: Send in tax return!
April 20: Put out press release that interviews have been completed, and a decision will be announced soon.
April 30: Schedule meeting with chosen candidate to discuss assistant coach recommendations.
May 10: Send list of prospective assistant coaches to CU Compliance Office for background checks. cc: DiSteph
May 30: Put out press release announcing that, after an exhaustive search, Mike Sanford has been retained as Head Football Coach. He really crushed it in the interviews.

My brother's neighbor's cousin-in-law works on the janitorial crew at Dal Ward. She saw RG's appointment calendar.

January 15: Compile list of possible head coaching candidates. Send list to DiSteph for approval.
February 1: Put out press release that an announcement regarding the new head coach will be forthcoming.
February 15: Put out press release that the list of candidates has been reduced to 10. Their names will be forwarded to CU Compliance Office for background checks.
March 20: Put out press release that the list of candidates has been reduced to 5.
April 20: Put out press release that interviews have been completed, and a decision will be announced soon.
April 30: Schedule meeting with chosen candidate to discuss assistant coach recommendations.
May 10: Send list of prospective assistant coaches to CU Compliance Office for background checks. cc: DiSteph
May 30: Put out press release announcing that, after an exhaustive search, Mike Sanford has been retained as Head Football Coach. He really crushed it in the interviews.
Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

You know his ass isn't paying taxes, let alone on time.

What is the percentage chance that RG does not make this hire after Saliman gets a few weeks to really think about his ability to make it AND negotiate a real contract? The floor for a CU Coach negotiation with RG is now KD’s shytty contract, so not sure how that can be allowed.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back