What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who would be a good hire to replace Coach Meat?

Buffs61

I have not heard of any talk or names being mentioned yet.

What direction would you like Dorrell go in? A NFL coach, Quality Control coach at any of the top dog schools or a lower tier up and comer DB coach?

I don't know **** about Chap Brown as a coach but he was one of the scrappiest defensive backs in CU football history. That dude worked his ass off to be able to be a seriously competitive DB.

Who should replace Meat? Someone under 35 who lives and breathes recruiting, played corner at a big program and in the NFL, and is smart.

Who will replace Meat? Someone around 50 who has coached mostly in the NFL and hates recruiting. A great “teacher” of technique.
I actually think Dorrell has accepted that he needs college guys on staff. That doesn’t mean it will be an exciting hire or someone that fits the mold in your first paragraph, but I doubt it ends up being an NFL guy

Ask yourself what would be the path of absolute least resistance…Greg Brown who is a volunteer assistant already on the staff. Ugh.

Also if it’s any indication of how much the AD gives a s**t these days, coach Meat is still listed on the staff and Greg Brown’s bio is cut and pasted from 2011 and says he’s in his 2nd season as defensive coordinator. Well done CU.

Ask yourself what would be the path of absolute least resistance…Greg Brown who is a volunteer assistant already on the staff. Ugh.

Also if it’s any indication of how much the AD gives a s**t these days, coach Meat is still listed on the staff and Greg Brown’s bio is cut and pasted from 2011 and says he’s in his 2nd season as defensive coordinator. Well done CU.
So serious question, there have to be at least a half-dozen people on this site alone who would gladly volunteer time to keep the website updated. Who is the keeper of the keys who can green light something like that?

So serious question, there have to be at least a half-dozen people on this site alone who would gladly volunteer time to keep the website updated. Who is the keeper of the keys who can green light something like that?
Keeping that part of the website up to date really should fall under the Sports Information Director.

Someone should point out this staff failure to RG.

Bryan McClendon would be a nice WR hire if Lanning doesn't retain him and he doesn't wind up at Miami.

Oh, wait-that would mean Langsdorf would have to be fired.

My bad.

Did I miss your "oh-so-wise" (ass) response to Langsdorf not being renewed???
Yeah-several things. One, he totally flopped here. We all know Brenden Lewis isn't Caleb Williams, but he shouldn't have looked that bad all season. Langsdorf deserves some of that heat. Two, he took a coordinator job at a Group of 5 school. I don't have any inside information-but the fact that he wasn't ****-canned right after Chev or when Sanford was hired tells me this AD still has financial issues or just doesn't give a ****.

Back