What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will there be a Real Spring Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
Years past we've suffered through near nothing before/during Spring ball....Coach Sanders is all about social media and I fully expect to have an increase in practice vids leading up to the Spring Game.
A Spring Game engages, excites and promotes in many ways.
I realize there are many transfers that won't be on campus yet...if need be throw us fans a bone/peek.

My assumption would be that if Coach Sanders had a spring game at Jackson St. He would do something similar here.

Have a game. Have activities for fans. Tailgating atmosphere. And Charge 20$ a ticket
I expect 30k+ people there if they do it right
Don't charge for it or make a minimal entry charge a donation to a local or campus charity.

Use it to sell season tickets but also to promote the other sports teams.

Invite other campus departments to show off what they are doing in Balch. Use it as a way to promote what the whole school is doing and build goodwill between football and the rest of the departments.

Make it an event.

Don't charge for it or make a minimal entry charge a donation to a local or campus charity.

Invite other campus departments to show off what they are doing in Balch. Use it as a way to promote what the whole school is doing and build goodwill between football and the rest of the departments.

Make it an event.
Why wouldn’t AD capitalize on making ~600k in ticket sales. Concessions on top of that. Would be a nice boost versus zero. Plenty of people will be there anyways to get first look at CP’s squad

Why wouldn’t AD capitalize on making ~600k in ticket sales. Concessions on top of that. Would be a nice boost versus zero. Plenty of people will be there anyways to get first look at CP’s squad
They would still make the money on concessions and on future ticket sales.

Even as Coach Primes first event don't think you are getting 20k to pay coming in.

Use the event to build future value.

They would still make the money on concessions and on future ticket sales.

Even as Coach Primes first event don't think you are getting 20k to pay coming in.

Use the event to build future value.
Future value will handle itself. Everyone’s going to want a first look at the buffs. Will see what they end up doing

Would be nice to see the B4L collective plan a lot of fundraising and concerts, etc

spring party, not just spring game as you have P12 network airtime

Make it an event.

They don't need to sell season tickets, they're already turning people away

They don't need to sell season tickets, they're already turning people away
Can still use the event to build demand.

Also as I mentioned use it to promote other sports and the other programs in the university.

It should be interesting to see how many people come out. In the past it has been poorly promoted and treated more as an obligation than an opportunity but we also haven't seen big crowds, mostly under 10,000.

The trend with the program would indicate that they will put much more into it this year. How many can they get to turn out. Would love to see the stadium more than half full.

Can still use the event to build demand.

Also as I mentioned use it to promote other sports and the other programs in the university.

It should be interesting to see how many people come out. In the past it has been poorly promoted and treated more as an obligation than an opportunity but we also haven't seen big crowds, mostly under 10,000.

The trend with the program would indicate that they will put much more into it this year. How many can they get to turn out. Would love to see the stadium more than half full.

With the incredible amount of buzz around Coach Prime I don't think they'll have any problem getting the stadium at least half full

With the incredible amount of buzz around Coach Prime I don't think they'll have any problem getting the stadium at least half full
I think that should be the target.

Right now we are seeing the kind of buzz that rarely happens around any sports team other than one winning a championship. This is a time to close some of that gap that exist between CU football and much of the community in Boulder and the Denver Metro.

Get the crowd in there, make it a fun event to attend, make the people who show up feel the energy and feel like they are a part of things.

Even if they don't buy tickets that day or even this year make them into fans of the program.

I think they should treat it like an actual game day in every sense. 1:30 Kickoff, Run Ralphie, promote early tailgating, set up the Buff Club tent, have a B4L Collective tent, get the band doing its thing, have an actual PA announcer, sell merch and concessions, open the beer garden. I’d also consider doing some kind of half time or post game show (this would probably rely on Prime working some magic). Make it an absolute spectacle and charge $15/person for entry

It won't happen for several reasons (potential injuries being one) but a Spring game vs alum would be incredible, with

Alums roster like:
QB's: Kordell, Sefo, Joel Klatt
RB's: Lindsay,
WR's: Paul Richardson, Nelson Spruce
OL: Solder, Bakhtiari
DB's: Jimmy Smith, Awuzie, 2016 crew
K: Mason Crosby

I think that should be the target.

Right now we are seeing the kind of buzz that rarely happens around any sports team other than one winning a championship. This is a time to close some of that gap that exist between CU football and much of the community in Boulder and the Denver Metro.

Get the crowd in there, make it a fun event to attend, make the people who show up feel the energy and feel like they are a part of things.

Even if they don't buy tickets that day or even this year make them into fans of the program.

It's a tough market for CU football - the apathy in the Boulder community towards CU football, pro sports dominated market, and a ton of competition both in sports and other entertainment options in the region. We weren't even selling out games regularly in the 90's, that's why we brought in so many good non-conference opponents. But yea, there is a buzz around this program that is unlike anything I can think of for a downtrodden program/team.

Spring game should be an EVENT.

Tailgating, entertainment, carnival games, corporate and university school hospitality tents, live music and DJ stage, vendors.

Inside the stadium and out.

Fundraising everywhere. Tours. Celebrities. Former players. Press events.

Insane promotion of all of it.

Spring game should be an EVENT.

Tailgating, entertainment, carnival games, corporate and university school hospitality tents, live music and DJ stage, vendors.

Inside the stadium and out.

Fundraising everywhere. Tours. Celebrities. Former players. Press events.

Insane promotion of all of it.
Set up a huge merch tent. Have lots of new ****. Include some unique Inaugural Prime Spring Game items.

Raffle off some tickets. Suites and Touchdown Club tickets with all of the perks.

Sprinkle guest appearances throughout. A mixture of Buff alums and Prime surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back