What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Gameday Preview: Shining Seniors

TheUpperDecker

Staff Writer
Club Member
THE BUFFS ARE MOVIN ON! Led by strong performances from their veterans, the Buffs gutted their way to a long-awaited sweet sixteen birth. After pulling off the upset, an emotional Jaylyn Sherrod recounted all of the hurdles this team has overcome to get this far. Sherrod stayed loyal to the Buffs her whole collegiate career, as JR Payne was the only P5 coach who believed in her after her injury. Faith in Sherrod has paid off for the Buffs many times, and she certainly shined on Friday night as she led the Buffs to a massive overtime victory on Duke’s home court. Watching Sherrod’s interview and the postgame celebration reminded me just how proud I am to be a Buff. They certainly put the nation on blast, as many counted them out against Duke, and will look to do the same tonight in Seattle.

Gameday Information
Opponent/Round | Iowa - Sweet Sixteen
Date/Time | 3/24 - 5:30 PM MT
Location | Climate Pledge Arena - Seattle, WA

In a few short hours, the Buffs will play the role of underdog once again as they face off against #3 ranked(2 seed) Iowa. Led by Caitlin Clark, the Hawkeyes put up an impressive record of 28-6 in the regular season and beat the best of the best. The Buffs have thrived in the shadows, using their energy, tenacity, and intensity to succeed in the underdog role. After blindsiding a formidable Duke team, it feels like they can hang with any team in the nation and tonight will be a major test. The Buffs suffocating defense meets their match with an Iowa team that is the number one scoring offense in the nation. This team has overcome so much and is playing for something bigger than themselves. The Buffs haven’t been in the Sweet Sixteen since 2003, but if they can figure out how to stop Caitlin Clark they’ll have a chance to go much further.

Key Players

vs. Duke | Monday-3/20

Jaylyn Sherrod- 14 PTS | 6 REB | 2 STL
  • Sherrod put together a gutsy performance and battled down the stretch. Her shooting numbers were not great, but she got crucial buckets for the Buffs, meaning that she can be even better. Watch out.
Aaronette Vonleh- 12 PTS | 6-for-10 FG | 6 REB
  • Despite some foul trouble, Vonleh was an efficient part of the Buffs' offense as she used her size to body Duke in the post.
Quay Miller- 17 PTS | 6-for-12 FG | 14 REB
  • Miller was a force on the glass, especially on the offensive end, grabbing 5 offensive rebounds. The Buffs need another big performance from Miller and her experience will play a big role.

I've been getting more and more excited for this. Monday night was so much fun.

This will be the first night I will choose to watch the Women's Dance on a night Men's Dance games are on.

And on that note - Utah's showing against a LSU squad that went 30-2 (couldn't beat South Carolina is pretty much their blemish) is giving me a lot of hope for how well we can match up with the best WBB teams.

Back