What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yelling at Clouds (aka, ranting on Twitter)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Since I was asked, I'm re-posting a good chunk of the rant I've been on since last night. I know some of you don't do the twitter thing. I'd been away from it for like a year because it's a cesspool on political stuff, but jumped back in last week because I wanted to vent outside of our little echo chamber. Anyway, this will be over 20 links and I'm not sure how many fit in a single post, so this could take a little while to get copied over.

1632670873977.png
1632670995831.png

And...
kramer im out GIF

@Buffnik numbers 18 and 19 summed it up perfectly, unless there's a change in mindset at the top of the university the head coach almost doesn't matter. A university has to be committed on all fronts if they really want to compete in big time college football. Otherwise you're just an also-ran and in some cases even less than that.

It's just very deflating when you look back at where this program was in the 90's and early 2000's

Last edited:

Meh. Way too bloated. Way too self-referential. Way too self reverential too. Way too trying hard to be cleaver. That article needed an (obviously absent) editor badly. Very badly.

And isn’t the whole article just the latest in a string of similar restatements of the obvious that we have seen here and elsewhere over the years?

So, the Minnesota game was an embarrassment to everyone associated with CU football, from the team, to the fans, to the coaches, and admin? No ****, Sherlock.

So HCKD wasn’t the first choice? I had never heard that before. What a revelation!

So CU has been relegated often to the PAC-12 Network? That’s some serious journalism to come up with that conclusion.

At this point it is pretty obvious to even a passing casual observer that CU football is on the wrong trajectory. But catastrophic? Maybe, but teams have come back from worse many times. Anyone with half a brain can see that Lewis has been completely, utterly, and amazingly poorly coached. That is something that can be theoretically fixed (I personally put the chances of that happening somewhere north of “none” but way south of “slim.”)

CU’s situation is far from a nothingburger. That article is a turkey nothingburger.

One oddity is how is the OL so much worse this year? What changed except we lost our LT Sherman? We had a lot of injuries last year and new guys and they are a year older, I expected better, plugging in Wray at LT. OL was much better in 2020 than in 2019 so I gave coach Rod some props in the off-season. I'm results oriented so he frankly looked like an upgrade in his ability to teach.

One thing that changed is our S&C program. I'm not willing to accept that #16 above (Turley) is for sure an upgrade. He was at Stanford but is he the same guy?

Back