What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SO EXCITED!!!

darth-horax

My son has been serving an LDS Mission in East LA for nearly the past two years.
He is a HUGE Buffs fan (as are my whole family) and he has had a hard time not seeing any games.

Today we decided to surpirse him with a road trip to Kansas City to watch the Buffs play KU in Arrowhead Stadium!

This is going to be epic! It will be myself and my three boys (21, 14, and 9) travelling together to watch our favorite team on the road!
Cannot wait for this!

Anybody have any advice for the area or gameday do's/don'ts?

Love this! We did something similar with our daughter who plays on CU's club volleyball team. We surprised her by showing up unannounced at the national tournament in Kansas City. We videoed when we found her. The look on her face and her reaction is a memory for a lifetime. It was a great few days.

Oh - and for recommendations, we went to Jack Stack BBQ. Every bite was incredible.

Love this! We did something similar with our daughter who plays on CU's club volleyball team. We surprised her by showing up unannounced at the national tournament in Kansas City. We videoed when we found her. The look on her face and her reaction is a memory for a lifetime. It was a great few days.

Oh - and for recommendations, we went to Jack Stack BBQ. Every bite was incredible.
As someone who has travelled to the KC area a LOT for business over the years, I'd say this about the BBQ scene:

Jack Stacks has the best quality meat, hands down. There is really not another BBQ place in the area that compares. I'm not a huge fan of their sides though. I also got talked into buying their "famous mom's carrot cake" by some silver tongued vixen of a waitress. It was ****ing disgusting. Do not recommend.

But IMO nothing beats KC Joe's for BBQ. Everything on their menu is excellent, and reasonably priced. Ribs and burnt ends combo is my go-to, but all of their meats are great. Pro Tip....Do not sleep on the Z-Man sandwich. I probably went there 20 times before I finally sucumbed to my KC-based collegue's peer pressure. That sandwich is incredible.

As someone who has travelled to the KC area a LOT for business over the years, I'd say this about the BBQ scene:

Jack Stacks has the best quality meat, hands down. There is really not another BBQ place in the area that compares. I'm not a huge fan of their sides though. I also got talked into buying their "famous mom's carrot cake" by some silver tongued vixen of a waitress. It was ****ing disgusting. Do not recommend.

But IMO nothing beats KC Joe's for BBQ. Everything on their menu is excellent, and reasonably priced. Ribs and burnt ends combo is my go-to, but all of their meats are great. Pro Tip....Do not sleep on the Z-Man sandwich. I probably went there 20 times before I finally sucumbed to my KC-based collegue's peer pressure. That sandwich is incredible.
Jack Stack for the ****ing win!!!!!

Jack Stack is awesome, but it's a local chain and more of a "nicer" bbq place. Definitely worth it for one trip out to KC, but if you can, I'd also find a place like Arthur Bryant's or Joe's BBQ out there. More hole-in-the-wall type places.

Jack Stack is awesome, but it's a local chain and more of a "nicer" bbq place. Definitely worth it for one trip out to KC, but if you can, I'd also find a place like Arthur Bryant's or Joe's BBQ out there. More hole-in-the-wall type places.
Gates is still my favorite. And Hayward's is the great one that people tend to forget about these days.

Gates is still my favorite.
HI!!!! HOW MAY I HELP YOU!!!!

They scared the living **** out of me the first time I walked into that place. So aggressively helpful. I couldn't figure out their menu, and the cashier lady ended up selling me about 28lbs of BBQ and sides. I was too afraid to tell them "no" when I ordered, and then they made fun of me when I asked for to-go box to take the leftovers back to my hotel room. 🤣

Solid BBQ though.

If you like meat slathered in ketchup, then go enjoy KC bbq. If you want a great steak, without the Heinz slathered on, head on down to the Golden Ox and have a heavenly slab of beef.

If you like meat slathered in ketchup, then go enjoy KC bbq.
kingsley shut up GIF

Slap's is another really good bbq joint to try.

Getting away from bbq, KC also has one of the best Austrian-German restaurants in the country. I highly recommend Grunaur.

Check out the Union Station kitty corner from the Westin (where they did the NFL Draft and where the Chefs do their stupid celebrations) is a really cool place that has a lot of railroad history exhibits. There's also an awesome (but pricey) restaurant inside that served up the best filet I've ever had.

Oh and the WWI Memorial across from the station is amazing.

My son has been serving an LDS Mission in East LA for nearly the past two years.
He is a HUGE Buffs fan (as are my whole family) and he has had a hard time not seeing any games.

Today we decided to surpirse him with a road trip to Kansas City to watch the Buffs play KU in Arrowhead Stadium!

This is going to be epic! It will be myself and my three boys (21, 14, and 9) travelling together to watch our favorite team on the road!
Cannot wait for this!

Anybody have any advice for the area or gameday do's/don'ts?
Yeah, take the other Darth and Rugged with you

Back