What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Let's revisit the decision in 10 years before concluding to hey didn't think it through
They made a decision to tag along with SC before understanding what the UC BOR were going do or the full extent of increased travel costs or what the Pac 12 could have had from a media deal that kept the LA market.

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say they didn’t think it all the way through and are likely disappointed that they are going to average a $45m/year net while SC, UW and Oregon will average $55m/year and their other B1G conference peers will average $65m-$70m/year.

They made a decision to tag along with SC before understanding what the UC BOR were going do or the full extent of increased travel costs or what the Pac 12 could have had from a media deal that kept the LA market.

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say they didn’t think it all the way through and are likely disappointed that they are going to average a $45m/year net while SC, UW and Oregon will average $55m/year and their other B1G conference peers will average $65m-$70m/year.
Agree. And, there's a non-negligible chance this move keeps them relevant in the top tier of CFB while everyone not in the P2 wonders what could have been

Agree. And, there's a non-negligible chance this move keeps them relevant in the top tier of CFB while everyone not in the P2 wonders what could have been
Eh, half the teams in the P2 aren’t relevant going forward. UCLA won’t be relevant compared to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, etc the same way Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, etc have never really been relevant. As long as the Big 12 has a reasonable path to the playoff, the upper 1/3 of that conference will be far more nationally relevant than the bottom half of the B1G/SEC.

Eh, half the teams in the P2 aren’t relevant going forward. UCLA won’t be relevant compared to Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, etc the same way Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, etc have never really been relevant. As long as the Big 12 has a reasonable path to the playoff, the upper 1/3 of that conference will be far more nationally relevant than the bottom half of the B1G/SEC.
I hope you're right

I know they probably don't worry about it, but damn, those that went to the B1G are gonna have huge travel costs.

Dabo should have made the jump to the NFL when he had the chance. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has a run of 7-8 win seasons here and then chooses to go the way of Chip Kelly and becomes an OC at a top program or something

He's full of crap. The truth is that Dabo refuses to accept, let alone embrace, the changes that have occurred so he's avoiding reality. He's acting like a child.

Also, I don't know if I can think of a successful college coach less suited for the NFL. Veteran professional players would laugh his rah rah gooberism out of the room.

He's full of crap. The truth is that Dabo refuses to accept, let alone embrace, the changes that have occurred so he's avoiding reality. He's acting like a child.

Also, I don't know if I can think of a successful college coach less suited for the NFL. Veteran professional players would laugh his rah rah gooberism out of the room.
Some people are just horse n buggy people to the end.

I refuse to click on anything that puts a smile a southern boy's face.
deliverance GIF

Back