Welcome to Allbuffs. This is a fan-based website community dedicated to supporting CU Athletics. We do have a few rules for posting on our forums. Please review them.
1. No racism or bigotry. This is the quickest path to a permanent ban. Posts that attack people based upon their race, gender, religion, orientation, etc., will not be tolerated. Think before you post.
2. Personal attacks against CU players (current, future, or former) or their families will not be tolerated and will be immediately deleted. Remember that they are student-athletes, doing their best for CU. Moderators will err on the side of over-protecting our student athletes.
3. No pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit pictures or posts. This helps us to comply with our contracts with third party vendors. If you wish to link to a third party site that contains potentially objectionable material (including nude pictures), please be sure to include “NSFW” (not safe for work) in the subject line.
4. No spamming. If you are here to try to promote or sell some product, service, or website, please contact a moderator before you post. Generally, posts that constitute some form of advertising will not be permitted. Links to sites that violate our community standards or that may be particularly offensive in the views of the moderators may be deleted.
5. No trolling. If you are here simply to stir up trouble and you are not adding value to the community, your time here will be very brief. Fans of other teams are welcome and banter is acceptable, provided that it is funny, insightful, and in good spirit. Remember that this is a Buff website and you are a guest. Fans of other teams are not entitled to equal treatment here.
6. We value the free exchange of ideas and opinions, but this is not a democracy. For example, long time posters who have established that they are a value to the community may be given more latitude than new posters. The opinions of our community members are an integral part of the decision-making process concerning subject matter posted in our forums. The moderators reserve the right to delete, edit, or change any post, at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
7. Violation of any of our rules, or just generally failing to be a valued part of our community in some way may lead to warnings (formal and informal), suspensions (of varying length), or bannings (long term or permanent). Generally, infractions are issued judiciously and after deliberation by the moderators. There is a large team of moderators, many with very different opinions and world-views. If an infraction is issued, it has typically been discussed by several moderators. There are no appeals.
8. Do not reveal personal information about other people on our forums. Also, be careful about what personal information about yourself that you choose to share on our forums. We are not responsible for its dissemination and use.
9. Feuds between posters are often amusing, but, please avoid real world threats and similar behavior.. If the moderators feel things have gone too far, they may take action. Threatening another poster can lead to a suspension, a ban, or even more severe consequences, so please don't do it. We take threats of physical violence very seriously. Please remember that this is just a message board.
10. Some of our forums have special rules that apply in addition to these rules. Please make sure to check for them before you post. Here are a few important ones to note:
(a) The CU Football, CU Basketball, and the other sports forums are dedicated to subjects that are relevant to that forum’s sport. For example, if your post in the CU Football forum isn’t about CU football, it may be moved or deleted. As set forth in Section 1 above, personal attacks against CU players (current, future, or former) or their families are not permitted. Incessant attacks that lack creativity, humor, or insight against the coaching staff will also be viewed negatively by our community and may result in moderator action.
(b) The Recruiting Forums (e.g. the Football and Basketball Recruiting forums) are our most “serious” forums. Please restrict your posts to discussions about the recruits in question. No attacks of any kind against a recruit (current, past, or future) will be tolerated. Please do not share any “premium” content from any of the paid content recruiting sites unless or until it is available as non-premium content.
(c) The Pub is for all off-topic discussions (except for politics and religion). Some of the threads may be odd, inflammatory, or pointless. If you don’t like something, just avoid that thread. All the general rules still apply, of course.
(d) Barzil is a special forum for our paid members. There is one important rule: What is posted in Barzil STAYS in Barzil (unless you have express permission to share it elsewhere).
(e) The Politics forum (and the religion subforum) are reasonably free-wheeling. Some personal attacks will be tolerated. Feel free to express your opinions in a vociferous and colorful way. But, if you violate any of these general rules (especially concerning racism or bigotry), you may be disciplined or even banned.
(f) The Smack forum is where incessant feuding goes to die. There is a higher threshold for bad behavior in the Smack room, but, as in the Politics forum, posts that violate the general rules may lead to discipline.
11. Recognize that forum moderation is subjective. All of the moderators are unpaid volunteers. You may not agree with every action by a moderator, and you are welcome (within the bounds of these rules) to express your disagreement. Please recognize that everyone is trying their best to make this a great place for all fans of CU athletics. This is a fan-based venture, with no profit motive. If you see a post that you think may violate these rules, click on the “report” icon at the bottom of the post itself. Let’s all have some fun and try not to take anything too seriously.
12. These rules are subject to change at any time, without notice.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.