What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO WDE Isaac Townsend (Signed to Oregon)

The examples you bring up aren't relevant this situation, though. I assume you're referring to Luke McCaffrey, not Dylan, but of course I don't want Luke if it meant we lose Ty Evans. They play the same positions and Ty is the better prospect. The WR example is irrelevant too. Pospisil from Pomona may be a solid player, but CU has a legit chance to land much better players at the same position. The DL, however, is a different story. We truly don't know how legit our chances are with some of the top DL targets. We seem to be OK with bypassing in-state P5 talent on the DL in the hope that the better DL from elsewhere choose CU, but to this point, that hasn't happened. Not recruiting Townsend at all and watching him commit to Oregon is a high risk move. Drake, Eliot and MM better be very confident in landing other prospects at the DE position, otherwise they have some egg on their face here, IMO.

We don't seem to be doing as well as we should with some out of state candidates but that doesn't mean not recruiting Towsend is risky. He looks like a good fit for the Oregon D. Our D uses larger DEs who are more like DTs, he doesn't look like he will get to that size anytime soon and he isn't dynamic enough that you change your defense for him.

We have to sign some quality DL prospects this year but that is a different issue than this kid.

I am wondering if its not the player but if its Warren McCarty thing. Townsend and Pospisil work out with McCarty and neither has a CU offer. I wonder who else is training with McCarty and if any of them have offers.

The one thing you don’t get on pay sites or on here is the conversations the kids are having with the coaches. I don’t think they are rushing out to let the public know the content of those interactions. So relax and let the force guide your inner faith and trust the process. Have fun along the way.
:spock::finger:

The one thing you don’t get on pay sites or on here is the conversations the kids are having with the coaches. I don’t think they are rushing out to let the public know the content of those interactions. So relax and let the force guide your inner faith and trust the process. Have fun along the way.
In the process we trust.
Amen.

Thanks Joe!

very helpful. But the force does not guide your inner faith. The force is. Your inner self must find the force. It is not a matter of faith. It is a matter of knowing. You do, or do not.

Boo. In state kids going to other schools sucks, especially when they look to be a very good prospect.

There are always going to be some in-state kids who go elsewhere. Sometimes they grow up with a dream school, often this is because of family connections. Other times you get a kid who just wants to leave the state and experience something else.

What I hope is over for us is losing the very top kids because our staff just doesn't want to compete with higher ranked schools who recruit harder. I have had the impression over the past six years that certain Colorado kids would have been receptive to staying home but as soon as the "big names" got involved our staff backed off and put their effort elsewhere.

let's return come back GIF by South Park

I don't give a damn which foot he kicks with, even if it's both. Can he wreak some havoc, that's all I need to know.

Last edited:
Back