What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 GA DT Austin Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I love the surge of Tucker's MANChildren. making Summers look puny in that pic. LOVE IT!!!!

Leaving it late isn't he. Well good luck to him. If he was going to transfer, should have announced it early while there are open spots at other programs.

This was announced after spring practice. He was buried on our depth chart after playing serious minutes as a True frosh under Tucker.

Another southern recruit leaving CU before making a meaningful impact. Shocker
In this case, I think he is a player that is leaving that also happens to be southern. As opposed to a player leaving because he is southern. I do understand your larger point, though, and don’t disagree that we have to be judicious in our recruiting strategy.

From the various interviews over the years, he seems like a good guy. I hope he finds a good landing spot.

In this case, I think he is a player that is leaving that also happens to be southern. As opposed to a player leaving because he is southern. I do understand your larger point, though, and don’t disagree that we have to be judicious in our recruiting strategy.

From the various interviews over the years, he seems like a good guy. I hope he finds a good landing spot.
Yeah, I think this was a case of Tucker trying to get in size with that 2019 team in any way he could at the dline because it was absolutely decimated by the previous regime. He was always a G5 type talent.

Tidbit I'd heard from OL guy was Austin had all the tools, but didn't want to work. He was being passed by guys who are willing to do the work.

Tidbit I'd heard from OL guy was Austin had all the tools, but didn't want to work. He was being passed by guys who are willing to do the work.
If this is true it is unfortunate but it happens in every program. It then becomes a positive for the program and the kid when he moves on.

Makes some sense because guys who don't have the tools don't have the offer list he had.

Happens all the time. Historically, these guys eat up too many spots on our roster....glad to see he is looking for a better opportunity, and I hope it works out for him. Good luck to him.

Back