What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2-0... I have no read

Let's see how they do in the Paradise Jam tourney since it's away from home but I'm loving the chemistry within the team.

And I agree it's nice to not have any expectations this season either.

I hope we don’t get chewed up in league play. Hopefully we’ll improve steadily and be pretty god at the end of the year. Only 11 assists tonight. That has to improve.

The best thing is we are not winding down the clock then looking for George King to make a late shot. 11 guys seem confident.

While I've got no read on the team, I did learn 2 important things tonight:

1) They cut off beer sales with 10 minutes left in the game

2) They are getting tough at times with a policy of only 1 beer purchased per person (for more than 1, the other adults must be present)

tenor.gif

Team is gonna win between 12 and 22. I have no idea how it will go.

Kind of fun to not have expectations and every game segment be an adventure.

That will be my goal all year. I just want to enjoy me some Buff hoops and not worry about the results..... as long as the team is improving. They're painfully young, but there are some ballers on this team.

While I've got no read on the team, I did learn 2 important things tonight:

1) They cut off beer sales with 10 minutes left in the game

2) They are getting tough at times with a policy of only 1 beer purchased per person (for more than 1, the other adults must be present)

tenor.gif
Dislike #2, understand #1.

Team looks solid this year, should be better than last year
So far I like the "chemistry" and confidence of this team, but worry about their ability to get points in the post in the half court offense. They don't seem to have a "big" that's capable of posting down low and scoring. This needs to be a recruiting priority.

McKinley Wright IV is the real deal - this team would be a lot worse off without him. He sure plays taller than 6'0" and he's fearless.

I would feel a lot more comfortable if we could just give Brown all of Colliers minutes. It sucks, especially because he is a local guy, but Dom is a real liability out there.

It will be interesting to see what kind of rotation Tad ends up with. There are 10 or 11 guys that could contribute. At least that’s what it looks like to me.

Thats the goal. Like what I have seen so far, but no adversity yet.
maybe can move up in conference. did you see Stanford lost to Eastern Washington?
I hate to admit I actually watched that game. Stanford had about 40 close friends and family in the stands. It was pathetic. No home court advantage at all. Their bigs scare me, though.

I went to the DU game and will say this..... They looked better than last year's team looked like at the start of the year. I also have no expectations for this team, so it should be a fun year to watch. Of course, if they win a few games, then we get 'false hope', and self inflicted disappointment returns.

The last couple years, CU has looked underwhelming in the pre-conference schedule. It appears that they’re a lot further along now than they were at this time last year. That’s encouraging.

This team is so different than last years team. There wasn't a lot of heart and hustle on last years team and even bad teams were lighting up our perimeter defense for 3's. This year CU is guarding the perimeter much better and they are hustling (G King has still had a lapse or two). There also seems to be improved athleticism...though it could just be that the athleticism shows through because they play so much harder. That being said, there are definitely some silly errors that are occurring. Whether it be the free throws in game one, some of the true freshman looking to get rid of the ball before looking to make a play, Dallas Walton throwing up a fade away left handed hook shot or M. Wright making a couple of passes that make no sense. I think this team is EXACTLY what we thought it would be. Significantly more fun to watch, very talented, but probably a team that will struggle against good teams and against teams with an inside presence. I've really enjoyed both games so far this year (Even with the mistakes) and I don't recall enjoying a single non conference game last year (Due to the obvious lack of effort from everyone on the team except White). I'm excited about basketball again and am really looking forward to watching this group of guys the next couple of years.

On a side note, I have been a critic of Dom Collier, maybe even more outspoken than I should be, but today I am going to defend him a little. Dom has played with more intensity the first two games this year, than I have seen from him in his entire career. His effort level on defense is completely different. Does he have limitations?? Sure, but if Dom plays all year, like he did in the first two games, I can live with those limitations. He finally looks like he belongs on the court.

Boyle had an outstanding comment about his expectations for the team at this point in the season. Essentially, he said he was looking for elite-level concentration and elite-level effort on a consistent basis. As the season progresses and the team gets more experienced, he will start looking for more elite-level execution. It sounds like the effort/intensity has largely been there to this point in the season, which is encouraging to hear.

Back