What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

Was it something like "Well I do declare..."?
More like
the office bankrupcy GIF

At this point, regardless of athleticism and on-field performance, would there be an NFL team willing to take a UDFA chance on this kid, let alone using a draft pick on him?

That's going to be one hell of a 30 for 30 some day if he ends up making it in the NFL.
JFC the saga with this kid is sad

The issues with Antonio are large
It has been obvious for a while that Antonio has some serious issues that aren't going to go away quickly or easily.

The difference between him and some others who have similar issues is that he also has an amazing amount of potential as a football player.

Unfortunately unless somebody gets very lucky or has significant resources available in our society many of the people who have these kinds of issues end up struggling through life, often with some very negative consequences.

I know it may be a lot to ask but I hope that he ends up with a team that cares enough about him as a human being to try to get him into a long-term treatment plan that will allow him to overcome the challenges he is facing and live his best life after the football is over.

He is talented enough that a team willing to do this might end up with a pretty good football player for a few years as well.

Found this in a random article. I'm sure this was a common theme among recruits and players

“And Colorado, honestly, just taught me if I’m picking a school never go for a coach or coaching staff just because you have a good relationship with them. Coaches come and go all the time. And that was my mistake when I had gone and got recruited by Mel Tucker and he leaves a month into me getting there and coach Dorrell (former Colorado head coach Karl Dorrell) came in and we didn’t have the slightest connection.”

Back