What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

2019 Recruiting Class Ranking

Trufflesauce

Our 2019 recruiting class is currently ranked #62 on 247. That ranking will improve substantially if we can close on some of the visitors this weekend.

What final class ranking would you consider a success? What would you consider a failure?

I’d consider a top 40 rank a success for a transition class. The excitement around a new staff should work in our favor. #50 or worse seems like a failure to capitalize on that. Anything in between is meh. Open to having my mind changed though if you disagree.

Our team rankings the previous few years:
2018: #52
2017: #35
2016: #69

A better way to look at it might be within the context of the conference. We’re currently at #10 in the Pac-12 with our 2019 class.

We’ve been:
2018: #10
2017: #8
2016: #12

Can we end at #8 or better in the conference again, as we did in 2017? If we’re #30 or better in the nation (Duff’s measurement of success) then we definitely should.

I like that. My standards clearly need to be higher than what I’m used to with the previous staff.

Here is where I am at:

Top 30: The new staff successfully transformed the class by moving on/mutually parting with several commits and closed on several big time players. Big momentum built for the 2020 class.

31-50: The new staff was able to change a lot of the class, but probably missed out on some recruits they wanted.

51 and below: Things did not close well and the pressure is really on for a big 2020 class.

Here is where I am at:

Top 30: The new staff successfully transformed the class by moving on/mutually parting with several commits and closed on several big time players. Big momentum built for the 2020 class.

31-50: The new staff was able to change a lot of the class, but probably missed out on some recruits they wanted.

51 and below: Things did not close well and the pressure is really on for a big 2020 class.
Agree. Also, I'd point out that if the new staff decides to go heavy on JUCO recruits that may be what we need to win in 2019 and set up the 2020 & 2021 recruiting, but JUCO players are downgraded by the sites and will pull down our class rank. We should watch that along with the raw numbers to get a feel for the emphasis with this recruiting class. With that, also, is the transfer market which does not even count toward the recruiting ranks.

Agree. Also, I'd point out that if the new staff decides to go heavy on JUCO recruits that may be what we need to win in 2019 and set up the 2020 & 2021 recruiting, but JUCO players are downgraded by the sites and will pull down our class rank. We should watch that along with the raw numbers to get a feel for the emphasis with this recruiting class. With that, also, is the transfer market which does not even count toward the recruiting ranks.
Good point. I noticed that Sauvao (our recent JUCO guard commit) doesn’t even have a player ranking on 247.

Good point. I noticed that Sauvao (our recent JUCO guard commit) doesn’t even have a player ranking on 247.
Yep. And the class rank is based on your Top 20 players in your class. So if you have fewer than 20 and/or you have an unrated or low rated guy, it really drags you down.

Nik pointed out in another thread that we were at #48 when Tucker was hired. Not sure what we were at right before he was fired, but it had to be around the same.

Hmm. Yeah but months before that we were 30-40ish. Then a bunch de-committed and we dropped like a rock.

I agree... to a point. There's a reason going JUCO heavy is not that desirable.

I agree... to a point. There's a reason going JUCO heavy is not that desirable.
Problem is that those 2015 & 2016 classes left a lot of holes in our upper classes for this season. We do need some help beyond relying on impact 18 year olds.

Back