What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Spring Football Season

GuySmiley

Don't Drink the Kool-Aid
I start this thread to discuss the 2020 Spring Season as an off-ramp from the Postponement Thread.

I think the PAC-12, B1B and other schools playing in the Spring should petition the NCAA for more time and practices in the fall, as a means to try and maintain some competitive balance. I think the athletes should take extra CoVid precautions, maybe a pseudo bubble, if possible, but IMO the more they are working together in football the safer that they will be. I think that the players probably feel like caged animals to some degree, and would welcome more intensive football than just 12 hours/week. Although the Pac-12 could delay it some, I feel like something akin to a normal Spring practice schedule would be appropriate. Any thoughts on this?

Let's not forget how many players will opt for the NFL. If there is an eight game spring season, that means the NFL prospect would play at least 28 games in one calendar year if you count the four game preseason and 16 game regular season of the NFL. Playing spring football could be career suicide.

I start this thread to discuss the 2020 Spring Season as an off-ramp from the Postponement Thread.

I think the PAC-12, B1B and other schools playing in the Spring should petition the NCAA for more time and practices in the fall, as a means to try and maintain some competitive balance. I think the athletes should take extra CoVid precautions, maybe a pseudo bubble, if possible, but IMO the more they are working together in football the safer that they will be. I think that the players probably feel like caged animals to some degree, and would welcome more intensive football than just 12 hours/week. Although the Pac-12 could delay it some, I feel like something akin to a normal Spring practice schedule would be appropriate. Any thoughts on this?
12 hours are through October. I suspect NCAA will go back to more relaxed guidelines announced for pre-season (6 weeks, 2 on-field w/o pads, then 25 per normal). Just my guess.

Let's not forget how many players will opt for the NFL. If there is an eight game spring season, that means the NFL prospect would play at least 28 games in one calendar year if you count the four game preseason and 16 game regular season of the NFL. Playing spring football could be career suicide.
McShay agrees. Says it just not possible physically.

All Rd 1-2 will sit. 1-4 should in his opinion.

Back