What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 pre-season WNIT thread- WOMEN'S bball hosts Jackson St. (Sat, 11/12,2 MT) and in Lubbock vs. Louisiana (Tues., 3:30 MT) & TX Tech (Wed., 6:00 MT)

Both offenses have been purring, but the Buff D was able to earn a few turnovers within 2 or so minutes, and CU has a 27-20 lead after the 1st quarter.

The Buffs shot 73% for the quarter, offset somewhat by Tech going to the line A LOT (12-14). (Hope the officials don't determine this one; they'd already put Tech into the bonus before the halfway point of the quarter and 2 important Buff subs (Sadler and Wynn) already have 2 fouls.)
Is Paul Westhead guest coaching tonight?

The Buffs started the 2nd quarter strong and had the lead up to 16 points, but the officials kept blowing whistles (Tech is now 18-20 from the line) and the Buffs had a scoring draught the last 3+ minutes so they are only taking a 7 point lead into halftime, 41-34. (I know fouls are fouls, but these refs are showing NO discretion, which is especially agonizing when it's calls FAR away the ball or benign plays FAR away from the basket.)

Late in the half, Sherrod ran into one of their bigs setting a screen on a Tech inbound play, and was down for awhile, and then went right to the locker room. Hopefully she is fine and doesn't have any concussion or other injury issues.

Re foul issues - 2 Buffs (Wynn and Jones) already have 3 at the half, and Sadler, Miller and Foreman will also want to be careful, especially with these officials, to avoid getting their 3rd (they each have 2) as long as possible.

Last edited:
Thankfully Sherrod seems to be fine, as she started the 3rd quarter, and while the Buffs continued their scoring draught for awhile, which let Tech get up to a 3 point lead a few times, you could sense she was NOT going to let this one get away. After only 1 shot attempt in the 1st half, she now has 16 points via drives and 3's, and has led the Buffs so they carry at least some lead (62-58) into the 4th after another high scoring quarter for both teams, with Miller and Foreman also hitting big 3's late in the quarter.

It's going OT after an 80-80 regulation. A little extra challenge is that Sherrod was too aggressive on Tech's last inbound pass that (1) gave them the 2 free throws that led to the tied game and (2) fouled her out.

It's going OT after an 80-80 regulation. A little extra challenge is that Sherrod was too aggressive on Tech's last inbound pass that (1) gave them the 2 free throws that led to the tied game and (2) fouled her out.
Is everyone going to foul out? This is ridiculous.

This has been really frustrating to watch. All of CU's takeaways in overtime resulted in pretty much nothing. Meanwhile, a CU you shooter takes a hand across the face, but no call.

That ending sucked. I can't believe that layup didn't drop. It just sat there on the rim sucking up time.

Tech wins in OT 85-86.

In spite of foul outs and foul problems crippling their defensive aggressiveness in OT, the Buffs still had some chances to pull it out, but didn't score a field goal in over 3 minutes to end the game.

Oh well, I'm sure LOTS of teaching points for the coaches to share with the team (and the players will figure out individually and as a group) after this one, and I hope/ trust we won't have to see these refs again, as I assume they were either Big 12 or non-affiliated to either them or the Pac.

Last edited:
The score of Utah vs OU is scary. OU is ranked and look at what Utah did to them.

We got homered. Time will tell how this team recovers. The foul call when Sherrod fouled out was a phantom foul.

The score of Utah vs OU is scary. OU is ranked and look at what Utah did to them.

We got homered. Time will tell how this team recovers. The foul call when Sherrod fouled out was a phantom foul.
And a no-call would have sealed the game for the Buffs.

the charge at the end of regulation was unfortunate (but the right call).

And here I was thinking the Buff game last night had a lot of offense.

I saw that scroll across the bottom on ESPN not knowing it was women's scores. Jesus man, it seems in either the men's or women's game scoring isn't much of a problem these days. Plenty of reasons for that, doesn't matter though.

Watched unranked Kansas State beat #4 Iowa last by 1 point. The point difference between the teams was never more than 5 from start to finish. I'm sure B1G coaches will be studying the game film to see what K State did to beat the Hawkeyes.

It was rough and tumble like the Pac12.

Utah scoring that many points is scary, especially against a good team liked Oklahoma. OU is now coached by a former CU assistant, Jennie Baranczyk. Drake did everything they could to keep her but she was ready for the big time and OU made an offer she couldn't refuse.

Back