What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Maui Invitational

Given the terrible devastation in Lahaina I am 50/50 on them having to move. Probably do something like they did during covid (which stank).

We used to go to this tourney every year. Nothing better. Ate lunch with the admiral in the vip area (just pay to get in), Magic, couple nba scouts. Mostly kept our mouths shut and learned. :⁠-⁠) Jordon was there one year to see Illinois. I think he didn't watch any games but Ill. and left before he could is be swarmed. Everyone except Jordon was very fan friendly. I don't blame him tho. Even with a crowd of only around 2k? you could see people angling to intercept him as soon as the game was over.

A favorite moment was the night before coaches banquet when Ball state's head coach gave this zinger about McDonald's:

Pretty hilarious and them subsequently beating KU and UCLA to get to the final was pretty epic. Definitely turned into a ball state crowd!

Worse fans? Kentucky by a mile over Indiana.

Sounds like it’ll be in Maui in 2024
One of my concerns is that, while it will return to Lahaina, accommodations either won't be available or will be heavily reduced.

I remain uncomfortable with the concept as a whole, however, while the town rebuilds. It will end up taking Louisville a full 2+ years to get the subdivisions affected by our fire rebuilt.

One of my concerns is that, while it will return to Lahaina, accommodations either won't be available or will be heavily reduced.

I remain uncomfortable with the concept as a whole, however, while the town rebuilds. It will end up taking Louisville a full 2+ years to get the subdivisions affected by our fire rebuilt.
Speaking of Louisville, I was driving through there yesterday and it’s impressive what has already been rebuilt. SWAG guess on my part is that about 65% of the destroyed homes have either been completely rebuilt or are now in the process. A lot of the homes being built are very different from the homes that were there before. $2MM houses being put on a lot that used to have a $800K house on it.

Kaanapali was untouched and where the majority of hotels are located on the west end. What did get lost was a huge amount of great restaurants and shops (and homes)

It would be cool if Tad and the gang could visit and place a wreath in the town square or by the tree; honor those who were lost.

Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono was interviewed on PSA and was very clear in encouraging tourists to travel to Maui – the locals aren't helped by tourism to Maui stopping completely. Totally understand your concern though

Tried to buy the presale tickets just now, not sure how of if its possible to buy just the tickets without the hotel room. There is going to be a bunch of us, and only a couple of us going to the game, so paying over $7k/room for the hotel seems a bit over the top.

Anyone know if there will be the ability to buy just the tickets without the full package?

Edit: looks like its only packages available till just before the game Last year the individual tickets didnt go on sale till the end of October

Last edited:
Tried to buy the presale tickets just now, not sure how of if its possible to buy just the tickets without the hotel room. There is going to be a bunch of us, and only a couple of us going to the game, so paying over $7k/room for the hotel seems a bit over the top.

Anyone know if there will be the ability to buy just the tickets without the full package?
We were running into the same thing. Last year, they did put up ticket-only later

Back