What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 MBB Coaches Carousel

Kentucky AD...
harrison ford jones GIF

Yeah, I have my concerns about Pope working at Kentucky but you can't judge his recruiting. Reportedly they told Drew that he was going to have $6 mil to play with in NIL. Even if we assume that Pope only gets half of that, anyone on this board could pull in a decent recruiting class with Kentucky's prestige and that amount of cash. I like Pope's offensive scheme, and it could be fun with some serious horses out there.

Lloyd has been to an elite 8 and sweet 16 at Arizona right?
Two 16s but that isn’t good enough as a ceiling. The local fans need at least some 8s and the occasional 4. It’s a rabid and devoted base.

Tucson is a sports desert. There’s the U of A football, hoops, and baseball plus a bad AHL hockey team. And that’s it.

Last edited:
Two 16s but that isn’t good enough as a ceiling. The local fans need at least some 8s and the occasional 4. It’s a rabid and devoted base.

Tucson is a sports desert. There’s the U of A football, hoops, and baseball plus a bad AHL hockey team. And that’s it.
They should have just fired him after the Princeton loss last year lol.

Yeah, I have my concerns about Pope working at Kentucky but you can't judge his recruiting. Reportedly they told Drew that he was going to have $6 mil to play with in NIL. Even if we assume that Pope only gets half of that, anyone on this board could pull in a decent recruiting class with Kentucky's prestige and that amount of cash. I like Pope's offensive scheme, and it could be fun with some serious horses out there.
Gary Parrish tried to argue Pope may get more because he's making $2.5M less than Calipari was. No idea if that's true.

SIAP-but Dan Monson got the Eastern Washington job. Good move for them.

they may say frick instead of **** but don't be deceived, mormons love corruption and playing dirty as long as it's focused on $$$ and winning.

Last edited:
I believe it's a requirement that all HCs at BYU have to be LDS, but it's not a requirement for assistants & staffers. Really shrinks their candidate pool. I don't know much about Young.
Anecdotally my suns fan coworker is not upset to see him leave.

I believe it's a requirement that all HCs at BYU have to be LDS, but it's not a requirement for assistants & staffers. Really shrinks their candidate pool. I don't know much about Young.
It's not from what I've heard, but they prefer LDS members where they can.

I thought they'd hire Chris Burgess. I saw the Jazz owner stepped up for Kevin Young too. Good hire from what I read..he's really highly thought of.

Last edited:
Always finding ways to selectively attack anyone with whom you dislike or disagree.
What the **** are you on about?

The Mormon Church is horribly corrupt, to the point that you'd think they're aspiring to be Catholic.

Why are you so sensitive to anyone calling a spade a spade here?

Back