What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NBA Mock Draft- Where Will Cody Williams end up

Out on the limb:

I think he stays 2 years. His family was active in his decision, and the fact Tad is a good, wholesome, nurturing (oh my) human being was a big part of that. The parents were quoted saying that. Kids grow up at different rates/ages. This young man and his parents may think a couple of years of maturing in a lower stress atmosphere than the NBA, is in his best interests.
If they were all about money, he would be enrolling at NIL Tech.

Tad was big last night in his comments about the type of young men who he recruits. He said he tells the parents that 'every kid on the team will be a fine young man, like your son'.
That's why he won't tell QA to 'hit the road'. They committed to each other.

Or you are saying Tad will just not promise any play time and push them out in a inexplicit way? That's the same thing in my mind. You have to be able to cut the dead weight to become competitive. Commiting to each other without proper performance evaluation and no action taken accordingly is irresponsible.

Are you saying Tad won't tell anyone who underperform in the team to hit the road? If so, we are screwed.
We may be screwed. I doubt it though.
I truly believe Tad would not tell a player he was off the squad, unless he broke team rules or didn't work as hard as the others, at practices.

More on Williams:

Williams, the younger brother of Jalen Williams, the 12th pick of the 2022 NBA Draft by Oklahoma City, is No. 14 in ESPN's Top 100. He played for the Vegas Elite in the EYBL this summer, averaging 15 points and four rebounds on that circuit.

"His parents were both in the military...great people, great family, grounded. His older brother was a first round pick this summer; mom and dad are still going to work every day," Boyle said. "I think Cody picked Colorado because he's willing to work. He wants to get better, wants to develop. We're blessed to have him and he fits everything that we're looking for."

*His brother played 3 years at Santa Clara

Tad has suggested players move on before. See Fletcher from a few years back. I believe there was another that same year.

We may be screwed. I doubt it though.
I truly believe Tad would not tell a player he was off the squad, unless he broke team rules or didn't work as hard as the others, at practices.

More on Williams:

Williams, the younger brother of Jalen Williams, the 12th pick of the 2022 NBA Draft by Oklahoma City, is No. 14 in ESPN's Top 100. He played for the Vegas Elite in the EYBL this summer, averaging 15 points and four rebounds on that circuit.

"His parents were both in the military...great people, great family, grounded. His older brother was a first round pick this summer; mom and dad are still going to work every day," Boyle said. "I think Cody picked Colorado because he's willing to work. He wants to get better, wants to develop. We're blessed to have him and he fits everything that we're looking for."

*His brother played 3 years at Santa Clara
Tad has suggested players move on before. See Fletcher from a few years back. I believe there was another that same year.
I think that if Tad sees a guy as a flawed character unwilling to change then yes he would send him on his way.

More likely though Tad is going to believe in the potential for a kid to mature and grow as both a person and a player. He has had more patience than the fans in the past with some guys who were far less talented than QA. Nobody is even hinting that QA is a bad person.

Tad promised his family that he would provide him a place where he can develop into who he can be. I doubt that he would just drop QA and move on.

This is a part of why the family of a kid like Cody Williams would even listen to a coach who has never been to a final four and isn't carrying around bags of money.

Lots of indications that Williams is good enough to be a one and done player. What if he isn't, what if he has trouble adjusting to the college game, he gets hurt, he just wants to give it another year to develop? Then the person who Tad is becomes more important than his coaching resume.

Back