What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp/Summer Workouts Thread

I'm not sure I knew that they played football
British Comedy GIF by CBS

IYKYK.

Austin Peay.

This athlete did not belong on a P5/P4 roster.
Not sure how he made that elite Austin Peay roster.

Dorrell just had to be purposely tanking for the buy out. Hey, millions of bucks for not working? I’m in. I get it.

Clearly, everyone playing actual football knows the gig, though. Pretending some of these kids should have been here is laughable.

There weren't any. Any head coach worth a damn does that. You'll find out who your guys are and who is soft.
A major reason why Prime’s good in my book is because he recognizes what frustrates fans the most. During the ‘21 and ‘22 seasons, we weren’t just bad. We were god awful. Every level was bad: recruiting, playing, coaching, admin… even the concessions and parking sucked!

I also think you lose any ****ing right to talk **** when you are historically bad the year before. Like, don't not even start for a team that went go 1-11 with an average scoring margin of -30 if you want your feelings to be in consideration

This sux big time. Shilo out for 6 months?

"Sources say at least six months"

The only source "cited" in the article appears to be a random twitter post from a doctor that says "Shoulders take 3 to 6 months"

EDIT:
I went and read the full Twitter post, and the doc seems to have heard the at least 6 months part and is offering guesses at a specific shoulder injuries that would suggest >6 months. Adhd the docs post has an image of the article headline, so the tweet was added after initial release of the article.

SI appears to be the only one with anything up about it.

Last edited:
There was a post on twitter connected to this story last night that said the person had spoken directly to Shilo and that this was untrue. That could mean anything from there is no shoulder injury to their is a shoulder injury but it will only keep him out 5 months and 29 days. TFWIW

The only source "cited" in the article appears to be a random twitter post from a doctor that says "Shoulders take 3 to 6 months"

EDIT:
I went and read the full Twitter post, and the doc seems to have heard the at least 6 months part and is offering guesses at a specific shoulder injuries that would suggest >6 months. Adhd the docs post has an image of the article headline, so the tweet was added after initial release of the article.

Woods is moving back to safety either way. Just sayin'.

EDIT:

I hope this isn’t true. Granted, a young athlete in top shape and skill is entirely different than a “35 y/o” average guy from the middle of the US. I recently and absolutely destroyed my left ankle in mid-March along with severely spraining my right ankle in a tumble. Ended up breaking my ankle and fracturing spots in my fibula and tibia, and severing ligaments and such along the front of my foot. I had surgery a few days later and had it rebuilt like an old but serviceable engine. Now I’m six weeks out, but was told that I should be able to start PT about 12 weeks post op. It’s been madness not being able to drive or do much of anything…

So, hopefully that 6-month mark includes recovery, PT, and getting back to 100% playing shape…if it is indeed true

EDIT:

More sources are repeating the story, but very few details or facts. One mentions he wore a shoulder brace during the spring game.
Neither BuffZone or CUBuffs.com mentions any problem. Hopefully they are wrong and it's something minor. In terms of major problems, I think hips are easiest to deal with, knees next, shoulders worst - more nerves in the shoulder

Back