What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TX CB Avyonne Jones (Signed to Wisconsin)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

1581678809048.jpeg

Southlake Carroll HS (Southlake, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvyonneJ
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avyonnej

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 165
40:

247s rating: 3* - 85 grade; #94 CB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked CB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8465 rating / #97 CB / #1002 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arkansas, Cal, Houston, Kansas State, Liberty, LA Tech, Louisville, Memphis, Miss State, New Mexico, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Rutgers, SMU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Tulane, Tulsa, Utah State, Virginia, Washington State, Wisconsin, FCS offer

Last edited:
I don't understand how Cal is that appealing. Is it Wilcox and his DC that know how to close in and close?

Wisconsin

Edit:
And the bigger question to me is how do you pick Wisconsin over Cal? I don't see that and I love the state and the school, but Cal is on the freaking pacific ocean and the weather, the education, the defensive reputation.....

Wisconsin

Edit:
And the bigger question to me is how do you pick Wisconsin over Cal? I don't see that and I love the state and the school, but Cal is on the freaking pacific ocean and the weather, the education, the defensive reputation.....
Defensive reputation? Far better in general at Wisconsin than Cal. Also, Jim Leonard.

Defensive reputation? Far better in general at Wisconsin than Cal. Also, Jim Leonard.
Not far better. What Wilcox has done is as good as anyone. And then all the other things... I've been in Wisconsin in January and also in NorCal. Not close.

Not far better. What Wilcox has done is as good as anyone. And then all the other things... I've been in Wisconsin in January and also in NorCal. Not close.
Sadly, Wisconsin has been in the Rose Bowl in January with more regularity than Cal, so the state of the two programs overall isn’t viewed as particularly close.

I see Cal as a rising program right now. They finally have a QB and should be at least ok on offense and Wilcox's D is always top notch.
Both are going to be great educations and properly get you ready for the league, assuming that's part of his dream.

So I'm looking forward. WI would be a tough place for me to spend 4 years. Coaches come and go though, as does future team success. But sunny and 78, is good for all 4 years.

YMMV though!

I see Cal as a rising program right now. They finally have a QB and should be at least ok on offense and Wilcox's D is always top notch.
Both are going to be great educations and properly get you ready for the league, assuming that's part of his dream.

So I'm looking forward. WI would be a tough place for me to spend 4 years. Coaches come and go though, as does future team success. But sunny and 78, is good for all 4 years.

YMMV though!
Honestly, CAL may not have a football program in 1-3 years if players need to get more payments. Could see it drop the sport.

Do we have any chance? Feels like we have loaded up on Corners and could really use other positions, so maybe this ship has sailed.

Back