What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Buffsbball

Sorry if it’s too early, this year was such a fun one to be a fan. These buffs accomplished so much. Definitely sad to see LOB and Da Silva graduate both contributed so much. Cody will be awesome to see what he becomes in the league.

Are people confident KJ leaves for the draft? He had such a great year hard to know what more he can do in college and if you are a shorter guard in a down draft with any buzz I say go for it.

Hoping Hadley and Lampkin stay, wondering if Doryans de commitment had anything to do with Eddie.

Definitely need an impact PG in the portal.

I agree KJ is probably gone. He had a great run and his stock might not get much higher. He could maybe use another year to improve defense, but that is a tough go playing 40 mins night. Given the minutes and carrying the O, I have no complaints with his defense. He showed tons of resiliency and gutted out those long minutes and the effort is there.

CW--he played good yesterday, but still looks pretty raw to me. It will be interesting to see what his final draft eval really is. I'd lean towards him developing on an NBA practice squad; but who knows he might want a full year of healthy college to grow. Agent may be too far in head for him to come back.

IMO, even with Eddie and Hadley coming back they need 2-3 transfers to compete. Eddie has a rough time with taking care of the ball, but CU had to feature him somewhat offensively, as we did not have others who could immediately beat their guy and consistently create.

Impact point guard type: Billy out-Law?

Please. AD of the year RG is busy ensuring Prime has his 3d full time assistant for style and leisure.

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

They will need substantial new pieces, but I will say this for Tad: this particular season it seems like everyone got a bit better. The CW hype was too much for a True Frosh and the injuries were what they were, but for the last part of the season, Tad got something out of just about each and every player down the stretch. Obviously, we had a short bench and these starters did much more, but Diop, Dak, Ruff (he had a tough overall go), and then CW in the last game, all gave something and had their moments, even if some brief. Maybe transfers/recruits will like that, such that we can build off that. I'd say Lamkin was a transfer success. His skill set is was what it is, but he was incorporated nicely and able to play some really great games down the stretch. Don't like the TO's, but he was playing with confidence, as were the other guys too.

CW probably had the least confidence going in, but he gutted it out yesterday playing decent. He will want some shots back, but CU wants the ball in his hands on many of those shots, as the 2nd or 3rd option.

Nothing shocking, but it's reassuring at the same time.

Portal is gonna be HUGE.

(PLEASE CAN WE HIRE A PROGRAM MANAGER?!?)

What would a Program Manager do and why is it important?

Assuming we either want 2 guards from the portal, or maybe a guard and a wing?

If KJ leaves I really hope its to the draft. Not sure my heart could take seeing him in another college jersey.

Someone asked the question in the 24/7 thread, but I'll ask it here - why is LOB leaving? Does he feel like he's accomplished all he can here, or maybe he thinks next year is a rebuilding year? I don't see him even getting a sniff in the NBA, but I imagine overseas ball is an option for someone like him. I can see him doing well in a secondary Euro league, for instance. I think his skill set will translate. Still, after this year and the taste of March Madness, I'm kind of confused as to why a guy like him doesn't stick around, especially if Hadley and Lampkin stay.

Someone asked the question in the 24/7 thread, but I'll ask it here - why is LOB leaving? Does he feel like he's accomplished all he can here, or maybe he thinks next year is a rebuilding year? I don't see him even getting a sniff in the NBA, but I imagine overseas ball is an option for someone like him. I can see him doing well in a secondary Euro league, for instance. I think his skill set will translate. Still, after this year and the taste of March Madness, I'm kind of confused as to why a guy like him doesn't stick around, especially if Hadley and Lampkin stay.
Why does it need to be a conspiracy or something? He's been here 4 years and wants to move on because that's the normal thing to do

Regarding the talk about Cody returning because 'another year of college ball might benefit him' - the NBA is not the NFL. Going back to college for seasoning is something that kids do in football because they expect you to contribute right away in the NFL. There is no minor league in football, unless you consider college to be the minor league. The NBA is much more reasonable about their young talent. Very few players are expected to be a day one starter, if for no other reason than the ramp up from 30 odd games a year to 82. Look at how Pop is handling Wemby, even though Wemby was probably more NBA ready than most American college products.

Cody will be drafted because he has the skill set to be a good to great player in the NBA. Whoever drafts him will develop him, if Cody has lingering injury issues, they'll work it out with their doctors, and within a year or two, he'll likely be contributing. He might spend time in the G League, but I doubt it.

TL : D Mtn - stop saying Cody should come back - he won't, and he shouldn't.

Why does it need to be a conspiracy or something? He's been here 4 years and wants to move on because that's the normal thing to do
Exactly. Graduated and all the guys he came in with will be gone. It's pretty natural for a player to move on to the next stage in his life at this point.

Why does it need to be a conspiracy or something?

I don't think I implied a conspiracy, I'm just curious as to his rationale. If it's just that he's done, fine, but the guy seems like he lives for basketball, and this might be his last chance to play in the US. TBH, I would have guessed he would have come back, but I don't know him.

Regarding the talk about Cody returning because 'another year of college ball might benefit him' - the NBA is not the NFL. Going back to college for seasoning is something that kids do in football because they expect you to contribute right away in the NFL. There is no minor league in football, unless you consider college to be the minor league. The NBA is much more reasonable about their young talent. Very few players are expected to be a day one starter, if for no other reason than the ramp up from 30 odd games a year to 82. Look at how Pop is handling Wemby, even though Wemby was probably more NBA ready than most American college products.

Cody will be drafted because he has the skill set to be a good to great player in the NBA. Whoever drafts him will develop him, if Cody has lingering injury issues, they'll work it out with their doctors, and within a year or two, he'll likely be contributing. He might spend time in the G League, but I doubt it.

TL : D Mtn - stop saying Cody should come back - he won't, and he shouldn't.
Yep. If he's a lottery pick, Tad's job is to kick him out the door if Cody's waffling. He needs to go if that's his situation. That's the dream fulfilled if he gets drafted that high.

Yep. If he's a lottery pick, Tad's job is to kick him out the door if Cody's waffling. He needs to go if that's his situation. That's the dream fulfilled if he gets drafted that high.

To add, if I'm Cody, the injury issues this year don't make me want to come back, they make me want to go. Who's going to have better training and medical staff, CU or the Blazers? That's no knock on our staff, it's just logic.

What would a Program Manager do and why is it important?

Assuming we either want 2 guards from the portal, or maybe a guard and a wing?

If KJ leaves I really hope its to the draft. Not sure my heart could take seeing him in another college jersey.
Think of it like a GM. His job is to work the portal, manage the roster, etc.. Coordinate with NIL. Basically fill the gaps where Tad is lacking.

I really hate it when you're right.

Think of it like a GM. His job is to work the portal, manage the roster, etc.. Coordinate with NIL. Basically fill the gaps where Tad is lacking.

Thanks. I'm also assuming this position is something that other schools who take their Hoops seriously have, i.e. our future conference mates?

I’m thinking the portal is going to be used more than normal since you’d have to get players for the Big 12.

I keep reading how weak this year’s NBA Draft is going to be so Cody & KJ are probably out the door. But that means more Boyle players going into the NBA which in return should help recruiting.

My main question is how many Big 12 games will there be?

I think CW should come back so that he can get either another year of seasoning or a career ending injury forcing him to become an accountant. We need more accountants.

The NBA and MLB want to get kids in and coached at as young an age as they can. They don’t really want them getting more time in college. CW is a likely lottery pick. I’ve seen most mocks having him going in the 5 to 10 range. He’d be NUTS to stay in college.

was it only me that saw his play this year as "Ruff"?

He was coming back from an injury way early and gutted it out, was supposed to be out for the entire year. Pretty sure conversation changed once RJ smith got injured.

He will be improved next year.
I hope the knee improves. Before the injury, he was probably the third best player on that team after KJ and TDS two seasons ago. He still has all the same skills and basketball iq, he was just slower than dirt and had absolutely no athletic explosion. He’s a darn good player if he gets most of his athleticism back.

I hope the knee improves. Before the injury, he was probably the third best player on that team after KJ and TDS two seasons ago. He still has all the same skills and basketball iq, he was just slower than dirt and had absolutely no athletic explosion. He’s a darn good player if he gets most of his athleticism back.
If the burst comes back, typically it is in the 2nd year back that you see it. Not sure how true that still is with the huge advances they've made in this area of medicine, but it's important to keep in mind that Ruffin came back way ahead of schedule. He wasn't expected to return to game action until next season.

Back