What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to CU '24 DC OT Jordan Seaton

I was a little surprised that he did, indeed, consider signing with Maryland. I was wondering if it was just a ploy to get clicks and that he’d secretly signed with the Buffs. That certainly wasn’t the case.

I was a little surprised that he did, indeed, consider signing with Maryland. I was wondering if it was just a ploy to get clicks and that he’d secretly signed with the Buffs. That certainly wasn’t the case.
He may have met with other teams and heard them out after he committed to CU, but he did sign on Early Signing Day (Wednesday) and it just wasn't made public until Friday.

He may have met with other teams and heard them out after he committed to CU, but he did sign on Early Signing Day (Wednesday) and it just wasn't made public until Friday.
Thanks. That’s what I’d thought so was a little confused by his video.

I am stoked to see what Seaton can do this year, and especially the next. I think that he compares well with Proctor, Mauigoa and Heard, except CU's overall line will not be as good as Bama. Based on this he could start every game but we should expect growing pains. There were 4 5* OL that played as Frosh last season.

9. OT Kadyn Proctor, Alabama Crimson Tide
2023 Grade: 67.0 (811 snaps)

Proctor started every game for Alabama at left tackle this season. He endured some expected growing pains over the first half of the season, posting a 54.5 PFF grade over the first seven games. Proctor was far better down the stretch though, earning a 76.3 PFF grade over the final seven contests. That included an impressive outing against Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, where he only surrendered one pressure on 29 pass-blocking snaps. Like Caleb Downs, Proctor ended up in the transfer portal following Nick Saban’s retirement. He’ll play next season at Iowa, the school he was originally committed to.

12. OT Francis Mauigoa, Miami (FL) Hurricanes
2023 Grade: 70.1 (866 snaps)

Mauigoa started all 13 games for the Hurricanes at right tackle this season. His 70.7 PFF run-blocking grade ranked third among ACC tackles. He also closed the year out strong, not allowing any pressures across 77 pass-blocking snaps in the final two games of the season.

22. OT Lance Heard, LSU Tigers
2023 Grade: 75.9 (195 snaps)

Heard started three games for LSU this season at right tackle. He didn’t allow a sack across his 90 pass-blocking snaps and only surrendered three pressures. After transferring to Tennessee in January, he’s projected to be one of the Volunteers’ starting tackles next season.

32. OT Monroe Freeling, Georgia Bulldogs
2023 Grade: 66.9 (167 snaps)

Freeling played in nine games this year as a backup tackle for Georgia. He didn’t allow a sack and surrendered six pressures on 74 pass-blocking snaps while posting a 69.6 run-blocking grade. While the Bulldogs bring back both of their starting tackles in Earnest Greene III and Xavier Truss, many expect Freeling to push for the starting right tackle job next season.

For those interested in Comani:
In case anyone is wondering. Cormani, he finished in the Top 1/2 (34 5*'s last year).

13. CB Cormani McClain, Colorado Buffaloes
2023 Grade: 51.7 (277 snaps)

After being held out of the first three games, McClain was rotated into Colorado’s secondary for most of the season before starting the final three contests. He allowed 18 of his 25 targets into his primary coverage to be caught for 380 yards and 17 first downs while forcing an incompletion.
McClain has an opportunity to be one of the Buffaloes’ starting outside corners next season opposite of Travis Hunter.

Also, for the Dline 5*'s many of them played, and some played very well. Just not a huge amount of snaps. That gives some hope for our incoming Frosh Dline.

Last edited:
I am stoked to see what Seaton can do this year, and especially the next. I think that he compares well with Proctor, Mauigoa and Heard, except CU's overall line will not be as good as Bama. Based on this he could start every game but we should expect growing pains. There were 4 5* OL that played as Frosh last season.

9. OT Kadyn Proctor, Alabama Crimson Tide
2023 Grade: 67.0 (811 snaps)

Proctor started every game for Alabama at left tackle this season. He endured some expected growing pains over the first half of the season, posting a 54.5 PFF grade over the first seven games. Proctor was far better down the stretch though, earning a 76.3 PFF grade over the final seven contests. That included an impressive outing against Georgia in the SEC Championship Game, where he only surrendered one pressure on 29 pass-blocking snaps. Like Caleb Downs, Proctor ended up in the transfer portal following Nick Saban’s retirement. He’ll play next season at Iowa, the school he was originally committed to.

12. OT Francis Mauigoa, Miami (FL) Hurricanes
2023 Grade: 70.1 (866 snaps)

Mauigoa started all 13 games for the Hurricanes at right tackle this season. His 70.7 PFF run-blocking grade ranked third among ACC tackles. He also closed the year out strong, not allowing any pressures across 77 pass-blocking snaps in the final two games of the season.

22. OT Lance Heard, LSU Tigers
2023 Grade: 75.9 (195 snaps)

Heard started three games for LSU this season at right tackle. He didn’t allow a sack across his 90 pass-blocking snaps and only surrendered three pressures. After transferring to Tennessee in January, he’s projected to be one of the Volunteers’ starting tackles next season.

32. OT Monroe Freeling, Georgia Bulldogs
2023 Grade: 66.9 (167 snaps)

Freeling played in nine games this year as a backup tackle for Georgia. He didn’t allow a sack and surrendered six pressures on 74 pass-blocking snaps while posting a 69.6 run-blocking grade. While the Bulldogs bring back both of their starting tackles in Earnest Greene III and Xavier Truss, many expect Freeling to push for the starting right tackle job next season.

For those interested in Comani:
In case anyone is wondering. Cormani, he finished in the Top 1/2 (34 5*'s last year).

13. CB Cormani McClain, Colorado Buffaloes
2023 Grade: 51.7 (277 snaps)

After being held out of the first three games, McClain was rotated into Colorado’s secondary for most of the season before starting the final three contests. He allowed 18 of his 25 targets into his primary coverage to be caught for 380 yards and 17 first downs while forcing an incompletion.
McClain has an opportunity to be one of the Buffaloes’ starting outside corners next season opposite of Travis Hunter.
being a true freshman CB opposite the best CB in the country is a mammoth undertaking. . . I expect a major leap for McClain this year.

being a true freshman CB opposite the best CB in the country is a mammoth undertaking. . . I expect a major leap for McClain this year.

Agreed. With the talent/experience around Cormari, I was not surprised that he did not start game 1. Especially, when he arrived in August. If he just grows some putting on 10-15 pounds, I think he will be right there. Presuming Hunter is healthy, he can play some press coverage and they can put a S over the top. He did show some flashes last year, as it was obvious that he can cover a ton of ground in a hurry. I see where 13 ranking was the correct.

He also has one of the best CBs to ever play the game as a coach. If he couldn't be great Prime would be replacing him. Instead expect him to make a major jump this season and make some opponents pay for trying to avoid Travis by going to his side.

Also going to see him and all the DBs greatly helped by an improved DL. Better run defense up front will mean more obvious passing situations. Effective pass defense is much harder when the offense can run the ball into favorable down and distance making the run a threat for first downs. Much better pass rush in those passing situations will mean that the DBs won't be expected to cover for what seems like an eternity. QBs in a hurry to get the ball out make more mistakes that DBs can take advantage of.

Also a year of S&C should help him a lot. He is always going to have a slight build but if he can add even 5-10 lbs of muscle it will help him a lot against college sized WRs.

Agreed. With the talent/experience around Cormari, I was not surprised that he did not start game 1. Especially, when he arrived in August. If he just grows some putting on 10-15 pounds, I think he will be right there. Presuming Hunter is healthy, he can play some press coverage and they can put a S over the top. He did show some flashes last year, as it was obvious that he can cover a ton of ground in a hurry. I see where 13 ranking was the correct.
He looks fantastic body-wise in the videos, bigger, stronger, carries himself better, and not as shy. I think he will make Honorable Mention All-Big 12 and be a force to reckon with, especially if they stay away from Travis.

Back