What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 MO SDE Williams Nwaneri

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
On3
hudl

FRnpWwiX0AAhu5w

Lee's Summit North HS (Lee's Summit, MO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NwaneriWilliams
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nwanerii5/

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 245
40:

247s rating: 5* - 98 grade; #1 DL (#3 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 86 grade; #7 DE (#30 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.9rr; #9 SDE (#74 overall)
On3 rating: 4* - 97 grade; #1 DL (#3 overall)

247sports Composite: 5* / 0.9896 rating / #3 DL / #17 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arkansas, Ball St, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Kentucky, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan St, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn St, Purdue, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Vanderbilt

Last edited:
With our numbers at Edge and WR, if you catch a 4 or 5* you happily take but don’t “need.” We seem to have a solid three-deep at Safety, especially once the second Sanders joins. We should have a solid OL for the first time in a long time. I’m really happy where we are with 15-ish schollies to give.

Explosive DT is the BIG need. Then, what: good depth at CB, ILB, a non-fresh back up QB, and a stud TE (if we are going to use one).

Prime is really in the ball park of making this thing work.

With our numbers at Edge and WR, if you catch a 4 or 5* you happily take but don’t “need.” We seem to have a solid three-deep at Safety, especially once the second Sanders joins. We should have a solid OL for the first time in a long time. I’m really happy where we are with 15-ish schollies to give.

Explosive DT is the BIG need. Then, what: good depth at CB, ILB, a non-fresh back up QB, and a stud TE (if we are going to use one).

Prime is really in the ball park of making this thing work.
Our CB room is pretty deep already, I think. And we're never going to have a problem getting the top CBs as long as Prime is here. Perhaps another RB?

I expected that Coach Prime would attract a few of these super high-end guys and I’m kinda surprised/disappointed that he hasn’t.

I thought him alone would be enough, but it appears that it’s gonna come down to how we perform on the field this year.

Transfers are nice, but most of them aren’t really gonna be game changers and high-end programs are built through HS recruiting. Also, there’s gonna be a ton more restrictions on transfers from here on out, so there needs to be an increased emphasis on HS recruiting if we’re planning on being successful for the long-term.

I expected that Coach Prime would attract a few of these super high-end guys and I’m kinda surprised/disappointed that he hasn’t.

I thought him alone would be enough, but it appears that it’s gonna come down to how we perform on the field this year.

Transfers are nice, but most of them aren’t really gonna be game changers and high-end programs are built through HS recruiting. Also, there’s gonna be a ton more restrictions on transfers from here on out, so there needs to be an increased emphasis on HS recruiting if we’re planning on being successful for the long-term.

I think we all knew this was an NIL deal, but I obviously didn't know about the Missouri law that allows in-state kids to start making money their entire Senior year if they choose to stay in state. It's going to be real awkward when he flips to Alabama on signing day

So Williams Nwaneri, the five-star prospect from Missouri who just committed to Mizzou, can get NIL money beginning Sept. 1 while he is a senior in high school. How is that not an inducement prior to being on campus? Also, what if he signs with someone else in December? Does he get to keep the money? — Robert E, Moore, Okla.

While I personally find it ridiculous that college sports’ leaders are begging Congress to intervene in their self-invented NIL crisis, a story like this one is exactly what’s freaking them out.

Earlier this year, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson signed an amended version of the state’s previous NIL law. It now specifically allows athletes to start receiving NIL money in their senior year if they sign with an in-state school. Because players can’t sign a letter of intent until December, a player like Nwaneri need only enter into a financial aid agreement with Mizzou to tap that spigot.

Back