What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '25 TX SG Kayden Edwards

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247 link
ESPN link
Rivals link
hudl link
On3 link

14621361_45aa533c44154e4ea70f860cb7919184.jpg

Duncanville HS (Duncanville, TX)

AAU:

Twitter link
Instagram link

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 165
40:

247s rating: 4* - 92 grade; #13 SG (#61 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 82 grade; #20 SG (#89 overall)
Rivals rating: 4*; #29 SG (#91 overall)
On3 rating: 4* - 93 grade; #16 SG (#78 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9711 rating / #12 SG / #67 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arkansas, Auburn, Cal, Kansas St, LSU, Miss St, Oklahoma St, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas St, Texas Tech, UCF, USC, West Virginia

Time to brace ourselves for a few years of this. The cupboard is going to be bare for a while.
Eh I'm never sky is falling after missing out on a recruit or a player transfer. Tad has gotten really good at getting great guys for his culture after making a mistake like Bryce Peters. Crawford, Rancik, and Kossaras, Diop, Ruffin are all top 175 guys in their class.

We know Tad's track record of development and I'm so freaking stoked to see what Dak can do. Also I like both Johnson's and Inman's clips from Cali and Texas too which usually helps translate. We will never have the talent of Houston, Kansas, Baylor, Texas, etc but Tad maximizes talent, develops, teams play hard and defend.

We also aren't used to having 20-14 seasons lead to anything other than the NIT. We will have that record but be in the tourney in the Big 12.

I think Tad is a better coach or way more experienced than Terry (UT), Lutz (Okie State), Dawkins (UCF), Miller (Cincinnati - I do like him though just think he's young and unproven) Devries is hitting a rebuild at West Virginia- like how he coaches his teams but it will take time, Tang went from sensational year one to back to earth will see what he does year 3, Moser obviously at Loyola but hasn't quite got footing at Oklahoma. Kevin Young has acquired a lot of talent but year 1 as a head coach will be interesting at BYU. I even like Tad's chances against Dixon coached teams. We know he owns Hurley and Young at Utah.

Point being I'd rather have our coach than at least 9 other big 12 coaches if not more. Sure they may have more Talent but Tad's always done more with less.

Eh I'm never sky is falling after missing out on a recruit or a player transfer. Tad has gotten really good at getting great guys for his culture after making a mistake like Bryce Peters. Crawford, Rancik, and Kossaras, Diop, Ruffin are all top 175 guys in their class.

We know Tad's track record of development and I'm so freaking stoked to see what Dak can do. Also I like both Johnson's and Inman's clips from Cali and Texas too which usually helps translate. We will never have the talent of Houston, Kansas, Baylor, Texas, etc but Tad maximizes talent, develops, teams play hard and defend.

We also aren't used to having 20-14 seasons lead to anything other than the NIT. We will have that record but be in the tourney in the Big 12.

I think Tad is a better coach or way more experienced than Terry (UT), Lutz (Okie State), Dawkins (UCF), Miller (Cincinnati - I do like him though just think he's young and unproven) Devries is hitting a rebuild at West Virginia- like how he coaches his teams but it will take time, Tang went from sensational year one to back to earth will see what he does year 3, Moser obviously at Loyola but hasn't quite got footing at Oklahoma. Kevin Young has acquired a lot of talent but year 1 as a head coach will be interesting at BYU. I even like Tad's chances against Dixon coached teams. We know he owns Hurley and Young at Utah.

Point being I'd rather have our coach than at least 9 other big 12 coaches if not more. Sure they may have more Talent but Tad's always done more with less.
I agree with Tad always being able to do more with less. I just worry with a subpar year in a high profile conference, even the high 3-stars may be wary of coming to Boulder. So Tad may have to do even more with less. And I'm hearing he's feeling a bit of a career lag after last year. Also, I'm glad we don't have to play Terry (UT) and Moser (OU) in the Big12. ;)

I agree with Tad always being able to do more with less. I just worry with a subpar year in a high profile conference, even the high 3-stars may be wary of coming to Boulder. So Tad may have to do even more with less. And I'm hearing he's feeling a bit of a career lag after last year. Also, I'm glad we don't have to play Terry (UT) and Moser (OU) in the Big12. ;)
This conference realignment is going to kill me I swear. I still haven’t gotten over the big 12 having 10 and the big 10 having 12…

Back to the original point I get what you’re saying if we don’t land bigger recruits the rest of this class and next year. I’m sure Tad ending the end of his career probably doesn’t help recruiting. I’m sure he’s overall transparent of how many years he’s got in the tank.

We have also landed a top 5 recruit in a class for the only time in school history and his two of our highest ranked classes in school history in 2023 and 2021 so I’m not putting any writing on the wall yet.

We are also still very much in on Sanders and several other highly ranked players in 25 which can make this class even better.

Back