What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

2nd Official Visits Allowed with Coaching Change

A bit off topic, but as to the point(s) that Duff sometimes makes, I just browsed through the 247 recruiting ranking specifics and the Washington Huskies are ranked #17. Seven of their 19 commits are Polynesian guys.

I think that a key element of our return to high quality needs to entail an emphasis on those players. Not rocket science. We've done it before, as been noted here on AB.

There's a certain hard core LDS subset of that group that will be hard to pull away from Utah, USU, and BYU, but we need to be in the game.

A bit off topic, but as to the point(s) that Duff sometimes makes, I just browsed through the 247 recruiting ranking specifics and the Washington Huskies are ranked #17. Seven of their 19 commits are Polynesian guys.

I think that a key element of our return to high quality needs to entail an emphasis on those players. Not rocket science. We've done it before, as been noted here on AB.

There's a certain hard core LDS subset of that group that will be hard to pull away from Utah, USU, and BYU, but we need to be in the game.

Their top recruit is poly and he’s massive and highly rated. We need in that scene, bad.

Take yourself a gander at Oregon's class, too.

This should not have been complicated for the previous staff to understand, but generally speaking it's really difficult to have success in the west if you don't have a strong Poly pipeline. They deeply, deeply ****ed up in not capitalizing on Sefo's success here with the Poly community. In fact, I would go so far as to contend that the failure to successfuly recruit Poly kids to CU was the biggest recruiting mistake the last staff made (Although there were so many I'm sure everyone has their favorite).

Take yourself a gander at Oregon's class, too.

This should not have been complicated for the previous staff to understand, but generally speaking it's really difficult to have success in the west if you don't have a strong Poly pipeline. They deeply, deeply ****ed up in not capitalizing on Sefo's success here with the Poly community. In fact, I would go so far as to contend that the failure to successfuly recruit Poly kids to CU was the biggest recruiting mistake the last staff made (Although there were so many I'm sure everyone has their favorite).

My biggest mistake they made was losing too much.

Will MT honor all of the offers put out by the previous staff?
iirc, we had 19 and it has dropped to 15. (I may be slightly off.) I think he'd like to get Toler back. I think there are a few he'll cut loose. So, maybe around 12?

Based on his interviews today, his attitude will be that he has to believe the player is good enough to beat USC and Washington. If not, he is not going to settle.

Last edited:

How many Polys does UGA have in the trenches? I agree with you, bc there are so many more Poly kids in CA and UT, but I'm all for going a different route if it can get us to the same location as fast, or possibly faster . . .

Back