What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After Edwards who is left in recruiting?

OkieBuffster

We're at 26 this year, which is obviously over the 25 limit. I'm not sure who--if anyone--counts back or who might greyshirt, but CU is obviously not done. This seems to be the only ones left we might take:

TE- Falo (I still say he's coming here to play with his brother and give us another threat from the TE position)
DT- Elliss, Daniels, Pili and Schuman (I don't know if there's anyone else, but can CU realistically get Elliss and Daniels?)
DE- Chaisson (Buffs don't take another unless it's this guy)
LB- Slade-Matautia (Buffs don't take another unless it's him. Not sure with his past)
CB Calloway, Barnes, Lenoir and Gates (Starting to look like Barnes maybe)
S- Bolden, Cotton and Edwards (Slim chance at Edwards and maybe Cotton now too)

Would absolutely love to grab Falo, Elliss, Daniels and any of the DB's!

If Daniels commits and Elliss commits after that you have to take them both don't you?

If Daniels commit, I think the coaches would shut down DL recruiting. No need to take both, especially with rumored qualifying issues for Elliss.

I believe that 7 of the January Enrollees can count back to the 2016 class since we only signed 18 last year. (Someone please double-check my 2016 number.)

That would mean 32 new players is the max: 7 + 25 signees classified as 2017.

We didn't graduate 32 seniors, though, so we need to expect some attrition. We're already over the 85 limit with who has committed.

We didn't graduate 32 seniors, though, so we need to expect some attrition. We're already over the 85 limit with who has committed.

It might be the wrong thread, but does anyone have a clue who might be some of the possible attrition?

If Daniels commit, I think the coaches would shut down DL recruiting. No need to take both, especially with rumored qualifying issues for Elliss.

Daniels and Elliss may be good enough that you take them both and figure out how to make the numbers work. Don't want to sound like @Sykobuff but big guys who can play on the interior of the DL are scarce enough that you take them when you can get them. The qualifying issues though do influence but he may even be a guy you sign expecting him to not qualify and then you park him at a JUCO with the intention of bringing him in when he does qualify. Nothing binding in this case but keep him emotionally connected, maybe a CU friendly school like Blinn.

Daniels and Elliss may be good enough that you take them both and figure out how to make the numbers work. Don't want to sound like @Sykobuff but big guys who can play on the interior of the DL are scarce enough that you take them when you can get them. The qualifying issues though do influence but he may even be a guy you sign expecting him to not qualify and then you park him at a JUCO with the intention of bringing him in when he does qualify. Nothing binding in this case but keep him emotionally connected, maybe a CU friendly school like Blinn.

You sounding like me would be an improvement over say.....sounding like you.

I think remaining realistic targets are:
TE - Falo
DL- Daniels, Elliss, maybe James Lynch (take 1 most likely)
OLB - Harris (don't know where we stand here anymore)
LB - Slade Matautia
DB - Barnes, Edwards, maybe Cotton, possibly a JC May Grad, might see some new late targets here. Think everyone else has essentially eliminated us.

Last edited:
I think remaining realistic targets are:
TE - Falo
DL- Daniels, Elliss, maybe James Lynch (take 1 most likely)
OLB - Harris (don't know where we stand here anymore)
LB - Slade Matautia
DB - Barnes, maybe Cotton, possibly a JC May Grad, might see some new late targets here. Think everyone else has essentially eliminated us.

Edwards and Gates have eliminated us?

Edwards and Gates have eliminated us?
Forgot Edwards though i don't like our chances there but Gates has said repeatedly his top 2 are UCLA and Oregon so I don't think we're really in the running.

We're at 26 this year, which is obviously over the 25 limit. I'm not sure who--if anyone--counts back or who might greyshirt, but CU is obviously not done. This seems to be the only ones left we might take:

TE- Falo (I still say he's coming here to play with his brother and give us another threat from the TE position)
DT- Elliss, Daniels, Pili and Schuman (I don't know if there's anyone else, but can CU realistically get Elliss and Daniels?)
DE- Chaisson (Buffs don't take another unless it's this guy)
LB- Slade-Matautia (Buffs don't take another unless it's him. Not sure with his past)
CB Calloway, Barnes, Lenoir and Gates (Starting to look like Barnes maybe)
S- Bolden, Cotton and Edwards (Slim chance at Edwards and maybe Cotton now too)

Would absolutely love to grab Falo, Elliss, Daniels and any of the DB's!

At this point can you really say slim chance on anyone, I know we are not used to get every player we want but it's becoming the norm

Already happy with this class. I think we add 3 -5 more.
1 - 2 DT 1 min.
1 DE/OLB if a star
1TE if Falo
1-2 DBs 1 min.
And I would take Elliss amd Daniels together in a heartbeat.

Can we recap what has happened recently? I'm getting confused with so much going on. I saw the PWO, I saw Javier Edwards, who else committed yesterday?

Can we recap what has happened recently? I'm getting confused with so much going on. I saw the PWO, I saw Javier Edwards, who else committed yesterday?

Wigley and Edwards yesterday. Mulumba today. Waiting on Hamilton.

Back