What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs ticket drawings

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
For the newbs: allbuffs owns two pair of season tickets. Several members have contributed to the purchase. I will post a drawing thread for every game. If you want to be in the drawing, just respond to the thread by saying “in”. Please don’t muck up the threads. It really helps us if the threads are kept clean.

Also, don’t enter the drawing unless you know you will make the game. It’s a pain in the ass when people don’t show up.

If you win the tickets, you will need to pick them up at the tailgate.

Any allbuffs member can enter. Fans of opposing teams can get tickets, but not to a game that features their team.

We will draw the names for the first four games later this month, and for the last three games sometime in late September or early October. Winners will be notified in the threads. We ask everybody who wins to confirm they will use the tickets. We will make a few half assed attempts to let you know you’ve won, but it’s ultimately up to you to keep an eye on the drawing threads to see if you’ve won.

Unused tickets will be sold to random scalpers or just plain given away about an hour prior to kickoff.

Oh, and one last thing, FC and I have been doing this drawing for ten years. It’s time to turn the reigns to somebody else. Please let me know if you’re willing to take over this project.

Thanks.

Sack, I sent you a PM. If you need someone to help take over, I would be happy to step up. Since this was a two man operation before, I would love it if we can keep it that way. So if anyone else wants to join in on this, then PM sack as well and hopefully we can keep this awesomeness alive.

Sack, I sent you a PM. If you need someone to help take over, I would be happy to step up. Since this was a two man operation before, I would love it if we can keep it that way. So if anyone else wants to join in on this, then PM sack as well and hopefully we can keep this awesomeness alive.
@Burrito Palazzo

Oh, and one last thing, FC and I have been doing this drawing for ten years. It’s time to turn the reigns to somebody else. Please let me know if you’re willing to take over this project.

Thanks.

Your fan engagement through the drawing and sackygate is special.

Thanks for being someone who unites CU fans.

Thanks.
What would it entail to take over this project?

It's hard to volunteer unless we know what all someone would have to do.

Would the person have to take over the ticket purchases (getting these seats transferred to them)?

I would assume collecting the donations from everyone and hosting the drawings.

Would you still be hosting the tailgate but someone else would be responsible for handing out the tickets there?

What does it say about the Rocky Mountain Showdown that there is more interest in the tickets for UNH than against the Rams in Denver? The OSU game also has 50% more interest in tickets.

Yeah, I think it says a lot.

What would it entail to take over this project?

It's hard to volunteer unless we know what all someone would have to do.

Would the person have to take over the ticket purchases (getting these seats transferred to them)?

I would assume collecting the donations from everyone and hosting the drawings.

Would you still be hosting the tailgate but someone else would be responsible for handing out the tickets there?
Ideally, I’d like to transfer the account to to new person, but we can discuss that if it poses any issues.

Here’s the job in a nutshell:
1) sometime around January or February, start collecting the donations for the tickets. Donations run around $25-30 per person, depending on the number of contributors and the cost of the tickets. The ticket cost went up a little last year, so I don’t expect it to increase again this year. We have about 20 members who contribute every year, and there are usually 5-6 that rotate in and out. Some folks will commit to donating and will need a friendly reminder or four.
2) buy the tickets. The renewals come out in February or March. Once the money is in, just forward it to the AD.
3) the tickets show up in July. Once they come in, post the drawing thread and get folks to sign up for the tickets. Post a drawing thread for each game in the game day forum.
4) draw for the tickets. Each person who contributes to the purchase gets three chances in each drawing. Paying allbuffs members receive two, and non-paying members receive one. Draw two names for each game. Post the winners in the drawing threads.
5) I will continue to have the tailgates. It will be up to whoever takes over as to how he wants to distribute the tickets. It’s worked very well to just give them out at the tailgates, but that can change if that’s how he wants to do it.

FC and I should be holding the first drawing in another week or so. We have two members who have stepped up and volunteered to take this over. They both are invited to see how we do it, and ask any questions. I’ll help out in the transition to make sure it’s smooth.

Back