What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

An end to auto-bids?

The extra bids will go by NET rank plus eyeball test & Tier 1 & 2 wins. Most of those extra 28 teams will be from P6 conferences. When the thing shakes out to the final 64, I suspect that a lot more of those 64 would be P6 teams than we currently see.
makes sense. I'd also expect we'd see more of the mid major regular season champs who lose in their conference tourney.

and doesn't explain why it'd benefit the SEC more than the ACC or B1G (or XII or Pac or Big East), which is the idea that I'm struggling with.

makes sense. I'd also expect we'd see more of the mid major regular season champs who lose in their conference tourney.

and doesn't explain why it'd benefit the SEC more than the ACC or B1G (or XII or Pac or Big East), which is the idea that I'm struggling with.
The B1G, ACC and others don’t need the legitimacy that the extra bid would bring. They’re already legit hoops conferences.

The B1G, ACC and others don’t need the legitimacy that the extra bid would bring. They’re already legit hoops conferences.
Dude.

Kentucky, Arkansas and Florida along with the way Auburn, Tennessee and Alabama have been playing. South Carolina also had a recent Final Four run. SEC hoops has been in the mix as the top hoops league for a couple decades.

Dude.

Kentucky, Arkansas and Florida along with the way Auburn, Tennessee and Alabama have been playing. South Carolina also had a recent Final Four run. SEC hoops has been in the mix as the top hoops league for a couple decades.
I disagree insomuch that compared to other conferences, hoops is very much an afterthought at every SEC school not named Kentucky. Expanding the playoff is perfect for a conference where you have some teams have really good seasons here and there.

Back