What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

And now we take you to Lubbock, TX

BuffBronco

Texas Tech head coach Mark Adams has stepped down from his position, the school announced Wednesday night, days after he was suspended for using what the school called an "inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment."

So upon further reading he used a bible quote in a team meeting

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

And .... HE IS CANCELLED!

Last edited:
Texas Tech head coach Mark Adams has stepped down from his position, the school announced Wednesday night, days after he was suspended for using what the school called an "inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment."

So upon further reading he used a bible quote in a team meeting

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

And .... HE IS CANCELLED!
I hope you're not trying to defend this guy?!

He brought up slaves being obedient in a room full of mostly black men 🤷... what'd you think would happen?

I'm not religious, but FFS it is a bible quote. To get fired for it is ridiculous, Like Leach he'll sue TTU for millions
I am religious and can easily see how that quote is entirely inappropriate in multiple ways.

Anybody can sue anyone they want but considering university codes regarding racial relations he will lose.

His best and only hope is to take a job at a smaller school and try to rehabilitate his name.

Hope Jaylon Tyson, Jordan Tysons older brother looks to transfer again. We were close to landing him last offseason and he averaged 11 points, 6 boards and an assist a game on 48,40, 72 shooting splits as a 6’6 true sophomore wing in the toughest conference in the nation.

Would love to add someone like him to this roster!

A good Bible Verse now and again is similar to quoting any other historic or significant person, but using the Bible as something above all that is where you just gotta be smarter.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 9.13.52 AM.png

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

The cluelessness of some big time sports coaches is an eternal source of amazement.

The article states that there was no intent to offend and this was an isolated incident, according to the university’s investigation. If that’s the case, I’m surprised the players didn’t come to his defense. Usually, they can diffuse the situation if they want to.

The article states that there was no intent to offend and this was an isolated incident, according to the university’s investigation. If that’s the case, I’m surprised the players didn’t come to his defense. Usually, they can diffuse the situation if they want to.
OK, I swore I heard that there was "an incident" between him and another player earlier this season a day or two ago when this first broke, but now I can't find anything.

OK, I swore I heard that there was "an incident" between him and another player earlier this season a day or two ago when this first broke, but now I can't find anything.
I thought I did too, don't remember wtf it was?

This is a good point.

If the players wanted him to stay, if they thought he was getting a raw deal, if there was a context to this that was being taken wrong at least some of them would be stepping up in his favor.

And this is why most coaches are best served to limit their deep thinking to putting their own spin on sayings from Successories posters. And by "own spin" I mean "stealing the best sayings from other coaches and grouping them as your own".

Back