What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Arizona's 16 signees, 6 verbals & coaching staff

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Signees:
Tre Adams (3* 0.8384 composite) WR from TX
Jailen Bailey (3* 0.8252 composite) WR from CA
Steven Bailey (3* 0.8367 composite) OG from AZ JUCO
McKenzie Barnes (3* 0.8329 composite) CB from CA
Jhevon Hill (3* 0.8593 composite) ATH from CA
Mykee Irving (3* 0.8586 composite) DT from CA
Issaiah Johnson (3* 0.8497 composite) ILB from CA
P.J. Johnson (3* 0.8045 composite) DT from CA JUCO
Donovan Laie (3* 0.8417 composite) OT from CA - held a CU offer
Thomas Marcus (3* 0.8499 composite) WR from CA
Jake Peters (3* 0.8356 composite) TE from CA - CU was close to offering
Darrius Smith (3* 0.8176 composite) RB from TX
Nahe Sulunga (3* 0.8484 composite) SDE from CA - was a CSU decommit in November
David Watson (3* 0.8386 composite) OT from AZ
Zach Williams (3* 0.8530 composite) WR from GA
Christian Young (3* 0.8584 composite) S from TX

Verbals:
Armani Adams (3* 0.8255 composite) S from FL
Jaiden Dockery (3* 0.8339 composite) S from TX
Martell Irby (3* 0.8339 composite) S from TX
Jamarye Joiner (3* 0.8734 composite) QB-D from CA
Jaden Mitchell (3* 0.8360 composite) WR from NV
Adam Plant (3* 0.8632 composite) WDE from NV

Coaches:
Jahmile Addae - Safeties
Vincent Amey - Defensive Line
Theron Aych - Receivers
Scott Boone - Linebackers
Garin Justice - Offensive Line
Brian Knorr - ST Coordinator
Calvin Magee - Co-OC / Running Backs / Tight Ends
Rod Smith - Co-OC / Quarterbacks
Marcel Yates - DC / Linebackers

Last edited:
Since it might be poaching time, I wanted to get this list compiled and geek out a bit. :D

Of their LOI guys, Laie should be of a lot of interest to CU.

From the Verbal commits, I'd love it if CU tried to get in on Plant. Looks like he could be a heck of an edge rusher.

With the coaching staff, the guy who really jumps out is Magee. He's been the guy who has been tied to Rich Rod's hip all these years with that offense. The fact that he just took over TE responsibilities in 2017 is very intriguing if CU could get him as a Bernardi replacement. He makes over $500k, though, so I don't see that happening.

Addae is an interesting young coach. He's been doing really good work recruiting Las Vegas for UA, getting guys from both Bishop Gorman and Desert Pines (which is where a big chunk of the talent comes from).

5-stir.gif

Let it simmer just a little bit longer....

Yates is the big one out of that group. Really good secondary coach who can could be a valuable addition to help out Eliot.

Additionally, a good recruiter who has recruited Dallas for years and also recruits Orange County for Arizona.

Yates is the big one out of that group. Really good secondary coach who can could be a valuable addition to help out Eliot.

Additionally, a good recruiter who has recruited Dallas for years and also recruits Orange County for Arizona.
Like with Magee, I don't think he's affordable at $500k. Of course, if a guy's looking for a job you never know.

I would think Yates is a hot DC target and there'll be more late changes this year, with the early signing period. Yates has done wonders with that UA defense in a short time.

I would think Yates is a hot DC target and there'll be more late changes this year, with the early signing period. Yates has done wonders with that UA defense in a short time.

Very likely unattainable, but the type of guy who could do wonders as a one-year rental.

I went thru their class before signing period and it's very meh. I didn't see a bunch of guys I'd want to poach to be honest. I guess where our needs are, they are weak (DT, OL).

Maybe Irving (DT) or PJ Johnson (Juco DT)? Young at S.

Last edited:
Jamarye Joiner...
come-on-down.png

Just watch 2 of his first 3 highlights and see who he reminds you of... Scott Frost wants him. So do I.

I'll never stop hoping we go back to real Buff football. And by that, I mean running QB's, options and tough defense.

None of the signees is going to be released unless the new coach decides to release them. Sucks for them, but they signed and the agreement is with the school, not the coach.

If my memory serves, it’s customary for the incoming coach to tell the signed kids that they’re free to go, but that he wants the opportunity to make a pitch for them to stay. They usually stay.

If my memory serves, it’s customary for the incoming coach to tell the signed kids that they’re free to go, but that he wants the opportunity to make a pitch for them to stay. They usually stay.
No it isn't. You are thinking back to when changes happen before signing day and new coaches don't always honor commitments, but these kids signed already. To get a release would have to be approved by the AD. Plus the new coach may not have many options at this point with early signing period.

No it isn't. You are thinking back to when changes happen before signing day and new coaches don't always honor commitments, but these kids signed already. To get a release would have to be approved by the AD. Plus the new coach may not have many options at this point with early signing period.
Particularly an issue for January enrollees. They need to know yesterday that they can stay or pursue other options as their choice, but that the university absolutely wants them to stay.

Back