What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Battey Deemed Academic Redshirt by NCAA

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Ridiculous, has nothing to do with his academic prowess or performance. Tad is pissed.

Gotta root for the young man.

Could this in the long run be a benefit to the team? - He's already a year older, he now starts playing his 4 years as what, 20 yrs old? If he works like GMFK did, he could be a stud when he's 22 /23.

Still sucks for him, and the NCAA is a JOKE, but maybe a silver lining?

Everything Tad said is right. Battey is being punished for something that happened years ago and graduated high school but it's okay for Carolina to do what they did?

Could this in the long run be a benefit to the team? - He's already a year older, he now starts playing his 4 years as what, 20 yrs old? If he works like GMFK did, he could be a stud when he's 22 /23.

No. He's ready to play now. We need him now.

Shouldn't surprise anyone imo but sucks nonetheless. The NCAA is a joke. Heard Coach K talking about them lately, I liked his ideas. He wants a commissioner and staff to oversee college sports. More to it than that but I liked what he had to say.

If Battey were cleared by the NCAA he would be a force this year and by next year he would be a star....We won't have to wait for Battey to be 22/23 to be a star at CU, he will be when he is 20 and I think he has a good chance of being the kind of player that gets early NBA attention. The NCAA is laughable here. CU and Battey try and do the right thing and both get crushed by the NCAA. Do the wrong thing on purpose and nothing happens to you...complete crap.

Any appeal possibility?
Probably not. They had to go thru a waiver process and lost. They would have a basis for the appeal. The fact that the NCAA chose to ignore circumstances, is not a basis for appeal.

Basis for Appeal depends on the specific rules of the process. No one here really knows them one way or another. Given the lack of mention of said appeal by Tad or anyone, I'm guessing an appeal isn't possible or in the works.

As I said in the news forum, it's time to publish a list of the committee members' addresses. This is one situation where mob rule should should be allowed to punish a group of idots playing favorites.

As I said in the news forum, it's time to publish a list of the committee members' addresses. This is one situation where mob rule should should be allowed to punish a group of idots playing favorites.

Weird. I just read an article where conspiracy theorists are sending threats to victims of the Las Vegas shooting. I don't really think that's the right approach.

A common circumstance is a student-athlete facing a serious medical issue or other personal hardship. Most of these waiver requests are assigned to a staff member at the NCAA national office. Staff members can approve, deny or conditionally approve a waiver request.
Seriously, a ****ing staff member has the ability to deny a waiver request. Bull****.

nc got out of their mess by applying political pressure. Tad needs to have Colorado's senators formally ask "what the hell?"
seriously, this is blatant corruption and I think ESPN and SI would love the story

"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, they're gonna give Cleveland state 2 more years probation." The Shark, RIP

Dear Coach Boyle: Feel free to Edit for relevance.

So, how did he get all the way through HS, The Clearinghouse, admissions, etc with not one person catching anything?

Signed,
Confused in Arvada

So, how did he get all the way through HS, The Clearinghouse, admissions, etc with not one person catching anything?

Signed,
Confused in Arvada

According to Tad, there is an NCAA rule that freshmen who are held back a year in high school are ineligible. Battey repeated 9th grade, thus is ineligible per the rule. Tad's beef is that Battey completed high school in 4 years after being held back and that there were personal, as opposed to academic issues, responsible for him repeating 9th grade. That's what waivers were intended to rectify and it's odd that this wasn't granted. This is not unlike certain transfers to and from CU football in the past who were granted waivers of the mandatory redshirt year after transferring (on what appears to be much less substantial evidence.)

Last edited:

Signed,
Confused in Arvada
The NCAA decided that since he had to repeat 9th grade he should have to spend a year away from competition in college. Possibly the dumbest ruling I've seen by a governing body that does a lot of inexplicable ****.

The NCAA decided that since he had to repeat 9th grade he should have to spend a year away from competition in college. Possibly the dumbest ruling I've seen by a governing body that does a lot of inexplicable ****.
That is so ****ing lame! Are you ****ting me? College athletics is loaded with players who have no business setting foot on a college campus and they pull this **** on a well spoken, bright young man?

Last edited:
Back