What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs4Life NIL

tried. and yeah, an executive from one pharma company whose a customer of ours told me their primary product was marked up 96%
And what percent of that ends up as executive compensation where as their general employees are lucky to make cross industry average comp?

And what percent of that ends up as executive compensation where as their general employees are lucky to make cross industry average comp?
A lot, I'd guess. This particular company had a lot of pride in having one of the lowest head count to revenue ratios in the industry. They outsourced almost everything.

This seems big. Anyone know, without digging, how many schools have a NIL of $2k or more for all walk ONS?
Just for football, that's probably going to be about 40 guys each semester ($80k per year).

Maybe double that with other sports?

I'd love if the fund could grow enough to add something similar for Handlers, Band & Spirit Squads.

Just for football, that's probably going to be about 40 guys each semester ($80k per year).

Maybe double that with other sports?

I'd love if the fund could grow enough to add something similar for Handlers, Band & Spirit Squads.
Am I alone in preferring to spend the money on big time players rather than walkons. And **** no to handlers, band and spirit. Remember our roots! Y’all acting like the Beverly Hillbillies.

Am I alone in preferring to spend the money on big time players rather than walkons. And **** no to handlers, band and spirit. Remember our roots! Y’all acting like the Beverly Hillbillies.
You realize the numbers I'm talking about are under a $500k investment per year to elevate the entire athletic department, student and fan experiences?

I believe very strongly in balanced management which doesn't neglect broad investment from the bottom up while putting resources toward the top to your biggest individual drivers of success.

I have no idea what about that made you think of a sitcom from 70 years ago or whatever.

You realize the numbers I'm talking about are under a $500k investment per year to elevate the entire athletic department, student and fan experiences?

I believe very strongly in balanced management which doesn't neglect broad investment from the bottom up while putting resources toward the top to your biggest individual drivers of success.

I have no idea what about that made you think of a sitcom from 70 years ago or whatever.
I understand the $500k very much. I fail to see the ROI.

I prefer not to spend money on things without a defined Return. Thus the reference.

I understand the $500k very much. I fail to see the ROI.

I prefer not to spend money on things without a defined Return. Thus the reference.
Culture of excellence. Oregon is a great example of this. Neglect nothing. It's an indirect ROI.

Culture of excellence. Oregon is a great example of this. Neglect nothing. It's an indirect ROI.
Nothing builds a culture of excellence like winning football games. I'm still under the impression we can put $500k to better use with another Defensive Tackle.

About that NIL valuation:

Basically, it is some made up formula that they use that factors in their "influence" i.e. social media followers, their performance i.e. how good they are, and their exposure i.e. what school or market they are in. It doesn't actually reflect any money the person may or may not receive through paid endorsements. There are reports that Livvy Dunne makes 7 figures from her IG account doing sponsored posts (sex sells, and she is a hotty) but I don't think anything is public. The rest is probably all BS.

Back