What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Class of 2019 – Signed LOI

RSSBot

News Junkie

CU Recruiting Class of 2019 – Signed Letters of Intent

CU Recruiting Class – Prospects … By Position

Bold – Signed Letter of Intent …

Quarterback

Running Back … Jaren Mangham … Joshia Davis

Wide Receiver … Braedin Huffman-Dixon

Tight end … Jalen Harris (senior transfer)

Offensive LineValentin Senn … Jake Wiley … Austin Johnson … Vaatofu Sauvao

Defensive LineJanez Jordan … Na’im Rodman … Austin Williams … Jeremiah Doss …

Linebacker … Jashua Allen … Alec Pell

Defensive Back … Mark Perry

Other prospects …

Offensive Line … Chans Jones …

Wide Receiver … La’Vontae Shenault …

Defensive Line … Darius Robinson (to announce 12:30 MT) …

Linebacker … Marvin Ham …

Defensive Back … K.J. Trujillo (may announce on Friday) … Jamal Hill …

Verbal commitments … Not likely to make final decisions until February Signing Day:

Wide receiver … Tarik Luckett

Defensive back … Jaylen Martin

—–

CU Recruiting Class of 2019 – biographies

Janez Jordan – DE (Junior college)

Official CU bio of Janez Jordan

Just the facts … Committed (and signed) December 19th … Jordan is a 6’4″, 305-pound defensive lineman from Hampton, Virginia Rivals bio

—–

Jaren Mangham – RB

Official CU bio of Jaren Mangham

Just the facts … Committed July 24th … Mangham is a 6’2″, 217-pound running back from Detroit, Michigan Rivals bio 247 Sports bio

What others say about Mangham ... Mangham is rated as a four-star running back by Rivals; a three-star athlete by 247 Sports. At Rivals, Mangham is considered to be the No. 14 running back in the nation, the No. 9 player overall out of the state of Michigan, and the No. 245 player in the country. Meanwhile, at 247 Sports, Mangham, listed as an “athlete” (both at running back and linebacker), is rated as No. 23 athlete in the nation, the No. 10 player out of the state of Michigan, and the No. 423player in the country.

Quotes from the time of Mangham’s commitment in July:

“He has not yet started his senior season and already Jaren Mangham is the most offered prospect ever to come out of the state of Michigan. That’s pretty impressive considering the state has produced a Heisman Trophy winner and multiple No. 1 overall NFL Draft picks in the last 12 years.

“What made Mangham such a coveted prospect is his combination of size, speed and athleticism, which has also given him position versatility. We project him as a running back and that is where the majority of schools recruited him, but other schools liked him at linebacker and he has the potential to develop into a talent at that position as well. We do want to see him deliver on all that promise as a senior, but the potential is definitely there and the ceiling is sky high.” – Rivals.com Midwest Recruiting Analyst Josh Helmholdt

Mangham had other offers from … a good chunk of the nation. The offer sheet is at least 47 teams long, including some heavy hitters on the national scene (Alabama; Michigan State; Florida State; Michigan; West Virginia), a number of Pac-12 rivals (Oregon; UCLA; Washington State; Arizona; Oregon State), and a plethora of other Power-Five schools (Arkansas; Kentucky; Mississippi; Minnesota; TCU; Tennessee; Boston College; Indiana; Illinois; Maryland; Mississippi State; North Carolina State; Purdue … and others).

In his own words … “I really clicked with every single last coach on the staff,” Mangham told 247 Sports when he committed. “Coach (Mike) Mac(Intyre), I was talking with Coach Mac, Coach (Darian) Hagan, Coach (Darrin) Chiv(erini) was a big part for me me. The way they’re going to utilize me on the offensive side of the ball was everything I wanted to hear.”

Here is a link to Mangham’s highlights.

—–

Valentin Senn – OL

Official CU bio of Valentin Senn

Just the facts … Committed June 24th … Senn is a 6’7″, 280-pound offensive lineman from Innsbruck, Austria Rivals bio 247 Sports bio

What others say about Senn … Senn, an offensive lineman from Austria, was not rated by either Rivals or 247 Sports when he committed. Senn received a two-star rating from Rivals ten days after his commitment, but was subsequently given a three-star rating by 247 Sports. Senn is rated by 247 Sports as the 149-best offensive tackle prospect in the Class of 2019, and is rated as the No. 1 prospect out of Austria … so he has that going for him.

Senn has only been playing football for 2 1/2 years, so will be a long-term project if he is to become a Power-Five caliber player.

Still, despite his lack of experience, Senn was invited to participate in the prestigious Under Armour All-American Football game in Orlando, Florida in January.

“I’m very excited to announced that I was selected to compete in the (All-American game,)” Senn tweeted. “I’m very grateful to get a chance to compete against the best and to represent Austria, Europe, (Colorado), (the Swarco Raiders) and Gridiron Imports in Orlando!”

Senn had other offers from … a number of other schools, though none from any other Power-Five conference schools. The good news that there were at least eight other offers out there. The bad news is that most of the offers were from smaller schools. Akron and Buffalo from the Mid-American conference were the highest profile offers, with Senn receiving offers from schools like Towson, UConn, Dartmouth, and Holy Cross.

Here is a link to Senn’s Hudl.com highlights.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back