What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Coaching Carousel

RSSBot

News Junkie

Coaching Carousel

Note … This heading will be used for non-Colorado coaching news. The “CU Coaching Search” headline will be used for (real) news concerning the filling of the CU head coaching vacancy …

November 26th

Former Texas (and North Carolina) head coach Mack Brown reportedly returning to Chapel Hill

From CBS Sports … North Carolina and Mack Brown have reportedly agreed to terms on a deal that would bring the hall of fame coach back to for a second stint with the Tar Heels. 247Sports affiliate Inside Carolina is reporting that an announcement is expected Tuesday with Brown already beginning to assemble his coaching staff. The News & Observer has confirmed this report.

Brown won 69 games during his run as North Carolina coach from 1988-97, good for second in program history. After back-to-back top-10 finishes from 1996-97, Brown left to become coach at Texas. There he led the Longhorns to 158 wins and a national championship during a 16-year run that included nine straight 10-win seasons.

Continue reading story here

Mike Leach not interested in returning to Texas Tech: “They didn’t pay me last time”

From the Seattle Times … Mike Leach has no interest in leaving Washington State for his former school, Texas Tech, despite a Sunday report from the Lubbock Avalanche Journal that claimed such a move would be attractive for the seventh-year Cougars coach.

Leach, in the last 24 hours, has told multiple reporters he wouldn’t be remotely interested in leaving Pullman for Lubbock, citing his frustration that Tech still hasn’t paid him for the 2009 football season, while also suggesting he’s perfectly content at WSU on the heels of a 10-win regular season.

“They didn’t pay me last time. And I’m happy here,” he said, according to ESPN’s Joel Anderson. “They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games that year. And they haven’t won 9 games since.”

The coach doubled down, later telling Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com, “Why would I leave (Pullman)?”

Continue reading story here

Current list of FBS coaching vacancies

From FootballScoop.com … There have been 12 FBS changes as of Nov. 25, 2018, and one opening has been filled. Number of changes over the past seven seasons: 22 (2008), 23 (2009), 24 (2010), 28 (2011), 31 (2012), 20 (2013), 15 (2014) and 29 (2015), 21 (2016), 21 (2017).

Team2018 Coach2019 Coach
Bowling GreenMike Jinks
Central MichiganJohn Bonamego
CharlotteBrad Lambert
ColoradoMike MacIntyre
KansasDavid BeatyLes Miles
LouisvilleBobby Petrino
MarylandDJ Durkin
North CarolinaLarry Fedora
Texas StateEverett Withers
Texas TechKliff Kingsbury
UMassMark Whipple