What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – California

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – California Week

November 18th

… CU in a few minutes …

Quarterback coach Kurt Roper named interim head coach

From the Daily Camera … With one game to play and bowl eligibility on the line, Colorado athletic director Rick George has turned to Kurt Roper to lead the football team.

After firing head coach Mike MacIntyre on Sunday, George announced Roper, in his first season as the Buffaloes’ quarterbacks coach, would take over in the interim.

CU (5-6, 2-6 Pac-12) will play at California (6-4, 3-4) on Saturday in the regular-season finale.

“We have another week in this football season and we have an opportunity to go out and win another football game,” Roper, 46, said. “We’ve got to find a way to get these guys to play hard, which I think they will. That’s the most important thing. I do think they understand what their responsible is.”

Roper is a veteran coach of more than 20 years, but this is his first opportunity as a head coach. Prior to coming to CU, he had been an offensive coordinator at Duke, Florida and South Carolina. His relationship with MacIntyre goes back nearly 20 years. They were assistants together at Ole Miss from 1999-2002 and at Duke from 2008-09

Continue reading story here

CU game at Cal likely to be at Berkeley, but options being explored

From the San Jose Mercury News … For just the second time in history, the Big Game has been postponed.

Cal and Stanford, who were scheduled to meet for the 121st time on Saturday at Memorial Stadium, will instead play on Dec. 1 as the Bay Area deals with the effects of dangerous air quality as a result of the fires in Butte County. Kickoff has been scheduled for noon and the game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks.

“I’d like to say it was a no-brainer. That was not the truth,” Cal athletic director Jim Knowlton said at a Friday afternoon news conference. “I think it was the right call to make based on all the information we could gather.

… Knowlton is hopeful the Bears’ Nov. 24 home game against Colorado — what was supposed to be their regular-season finale — won’t be impacted. But he added Cal already was looking at contingencies, including other stadium sites, in case the air quality has not improved. He declined to share any of those potential Plan B scenarios.

Knowlton was in San Francisco for an event Thursday when the AQI reading hit 282. He sensed by then “it wasn’t going to get much better.”

The decision to postpone the game belonged to Cal, as the game’s host this season, but all parties were in agreement.

Said Muir, in a statement, “We are thankful to the University of California for collaborating with us on the logistical challenges of rescheduling the Big Game, and are looking forward to playing the game on Dec. 1.”

Rick Gamboa wins Buffalo Heart Award

From the Daily Camera … At the end of an emotional week for the entire Colorado football program, particularly a group of seniors playing their final game at Folsom Field, Rick Gamboa needed a moment to compose himself.

After a day of all-around misery for the Buffaloes — from the frigid conditions to the 30 unanswered points by Utah in a 30-7 Utes victory — Gamboa learned he had been named the 20th recipient of the Buffalo Heart Award.

The history of the 20-year old honor actually began with one of Gamboa’s coaches, co-offensive coordinator Darrin Chiaverini, receiving the inaugural award in 1998 from the dedicated bundle of fans who sit behind the CU bench. For 20 years the group has continued to honor the Buffs player who best represents the spirit of the program on and off the field.

Denver Broncos rookie Phillip Lindsay won the honor last year. Despite a forgettable loss in his final home game, Gamboa was momentarily overcome by emotion when asked about the award.

“I’d just say it’s a great honor. I spent the past four and a half years putting my heart and soul for this team, for all the brothers I’ve played with since 2015 up to now. I think being recognized as that is something I’ll always be proud of that.

“For me, it’s just knowing the last time I’ll be playing in Folsom. I’m never going to put on a Colorado uniform ever again, and just reliving everything I’ve gone through since I’ve been here the past four and a half years. It’s more joy and happy of what I’ve accomplished.”

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back