What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – Texas State

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Texas State

Texas State wins opener over Houston Baptist

Related … Game recap from ESPN

From the San Marcos Daily Record … Texas State knew it needed to make a stand with Houston Baptist at the 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter.

The Bobcats, who held an appearingly comfortable 20-9 lead moments before, suddenly were in a tussle after a safety brought the Huskies to within 20-11 and their opponent driving deep into their territory.

HBU senior halfback Mev Ajdin took the fourth down carry but was met by Bobcat senior linebacker Gabe Loyd. Texas State kept the Huskies off the board and helped secure a 20-11 season-opening win Saturday inside Bobcat Stadium.

“(The fourth down stop) was huge,” said Loyd, who finished the game with five tackles and two pass breakups. “The game is on the line. We had to help the offense out. I know we all talked to each other, ‘Like, this is it. We’ve got show who has the big kahunas or whatever and go play ball.’ I’m really glad we got those stops it meant a lot.”

It was far from a perfect night for the Bobcats. Head coach Everett Withers called the performance a typical first night.

Texas State consistently got in its own way in the opening quarter. The Bobcats turned the ball over on downs inside HBU territory on their opening possession.

The Huskies took advantage of Texas State’s misfortunes with an opening-drive touchdown. HBU marched down the field with ease on a seven-play 71 yard scoring drive capped off by a 1-yard rush by senior running back Terrance Peters. The Bobcats limited the damage when senior linebacker Easy Anyama blocked the ensuing extra point to keep the score at 6-0.

HBU added a 33-yard field goal in the first quarter from junior Alec Chadwick to push their advantage to 9-0.

But Texas State’s defense tightened in the following quarter and kept the Huskies from scoring on it throughout the rest of the game.

Continue reading story here

Phillip Lindsay makes the most of his final Rocky Mountain Showdown

From Mile High Sports … The Rocky Mountain Showdown was just that — a showdown — as the Colorado State Rams battled it out with the Colorado Buffaloes at Sports Authority Field on Friday night.

Last year, it was the Buffaloes who stole the show as they beat the Rams by a score of 44-7, thanks in part to then-junior running back Phillip Lindsay’s 95 yards rushing and two touchdowns. In his highly-anticipated senior season debut, Lindsay had another big outing in the Buffs’ 17-3 victory in his final Rocky Mountain Showdown game.

At the half, Lindsay had only seven carries, but he had a whopping 102 yards, including this 45-yard TD run.

On the 45-yard scamper, Lindsay, like most times, gave credit to the big men up front.

“The offensive line handled their business,” Lindsay said. “I was patient and followed it, and it hit like it always does in practice.”

The all-purpose back from Denver South high school was the difference-maker, and Buffaloes head coach Mike MacIntyre made sure to show his appreciation for his star running back.

“Phil’s a heck of a runner,” said MacIntyre. “This year, he’s a little faster, he’s a little stronger.”

Offense confident improvements can be made

From the Daily Camera … For a few moments, the Colorado offense produced as advertised.

The senior running back with some Heisman Trophy hype sprinted through the Colorado State defense for a 45-yard touchdown.

The sophomore quarterback with the strong arm threw a laser to one of the many talented receivers for an impressive 31-yard touchdown.

Outside of about a 10-minute stretch of the game Friday, however, the CU offense sputtered throughout the Buffaloes’ 17-3 season-opening win against the Rams.

“We just made a few mistakes here and there,” CU head coach Mike MacIntyre said. “Offensive line jumping offsides, those kinds of things. A missed block or a missed read, or something to that effect that would have made some big plays. We’ll see that on film and correct it and we will move on.”

Ryan Moeller happy with move to defense

From the Daily Camera … Ryan Moeller isn’t a fan of what-ifs, but visions of what he could have been as a running back at Colorado bothered him during his first season in Boulder.

After all, as a senior at Rifle High School in 2012, Moeller rushed for 3,002 yards and 43 touchdowns. It was one of the greatest single-season performances in the history of Colorado high school football.

After walking on at CU in 2013, he had ideas of flashing those running back skills with the Buffs.

CU head coach Mike MacIntyre had other ideas.

“I was watching him and I said, ‘Ryan, just trust me, I think you could be an unbelievable safety,'” MacIntyre said recently. “I thought he could be a really good running back, but I thought he could be a great safety.”

Moeller reluctantly put his trust in MacIntyre.

“I started playing defense and the rest is history,” he said.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back