What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – Washington State

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Washington State

November 4th

… CU in a few minutes …

Buffs tuning out negativity – “I think the guys have stayed really positive inside the locker room”

From the Daily Camera … As the negative vibe continues to grow outside of the Colorado football program, the Buffaloes are doing their best to block it out from the inside.

“I think we’ve stayed positive,” quarterback Steven Montez said after the Buffaloes’ 42-34 loss at Arizona on Friday night.

CU (5-4, 2-4 Pac-12) has lost four in a row after a great start to the season and is in danger of a complete unraveling. Injuries are mounting and so is frustration — within the team and among the fans — as the Buffs struggle to stop the bleeding.

“I don’t think there’s any negativity on our football team at all,” head coach Mike MacIntyre said. “They kept fighting and battling. They’re just all frustrated like we are (as coaches).

“I don’t see any negativity between the players, between the coaches and players. I don’t see an ounce of that. I just see a lot of guys frustrated that are trying to find a way to win a game. You like to see them frustrated and upset that they didn’t win. If it didn’t bother them, then I’d be really worried.”

Continue reading story here

Washington State at No. 10 in poll; Washington in and Utah out of Associated Press poll

From CBS Sports … Georgia and West Virginia made key moves this week after a Saturday of statements across the country, each moving closer to the top of the rankings in the new AP Top 25.

The Bulldogs made a return to the top five of the poll after a dominant win at Kentucky, moving up one spot to No. 5 as they clinched the SEC East title and a spot in Atlanta against No. 1 Alabama — still the unanimous top team in the country according to the AP voters — in the SEC Championship Game.

West Virginia had one of the most significant jumps, up five spots into the top 10 at No. 7 after knocking off Texas on the road. The biggest jump of the week within the poll came from Syracuse and Boston College, up nine spots and seven spots respectively after Week 10 wins. No. 19 Florida and No. 21 Penn State each fell out of the top 15 after losses but remained in the top 25 thanks to other teams below them falling out of the rankings.

The last two weekends, 21 teams ranked in the AP Top 25 lost. The shuffling has created fluidity outside of the top 10, extending all the way down to the top dozen spots in Others Receiving Votes. Nearly all of the voters can agree on the teams at the top, but splitting hairs between two-loss and three-loss teams at this point in the season is more of an art than a science. With no real consensus not only on who those teams are but also the order, there are bound to be some interesting movements in and out of the polls.

Associated Press poll:

1. Alabama​
2. Clemson​
3. Notre Dame​
4. Michigan​
5. Georgia​
6. Oklahoma​
7. West Virginia​
8. Ohio State​
9. LSU​
10. Washington State … same position as last week
11. UCF​
12. Kentucky​
13. Syracuse​
14. Utah State​
15. Texas​
16. Fresno State​
17. Boston College​
18. Mississippi State​
19. Florida​
20. Washington … up six spots from last week
21. Penn State​
22. NC State​
23. Iowa State​
24. Michigan State​
25. Cincinnati​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Others Receiving Votes: Utah (6-3) 110; Auburn (6-3) 93; Wisconsin (6-3) 37; Army West Point (7-2) 32; UAB (8-1) 31; Northwestern (5-4) 28; Iowa (6-3) 17; Boise State (7-2) 15; Purdue (5-4) 14; Buffalo (8-1) 11; Oregon (6-3) 9; San Diego State (7-2) 5; Duke (6-3) 4; Houston (7-2) 3; Texas A&M (5-4) 3; Texas Tech (5-4) 2

USA Today/Coaches’ poll

1. Alabama​
2. Clemson​
3. Notre Dame​
4. Michigan​
5. Georgia​
6. Oklahoma​
7. Ohio State​
8. West Virginia​
9. Washington State … up two spots from last week
10. LSU​
11. UCF​
12. Kentucky​
13. Syracuse​
14. Boston College​
15. Mississippi State​
16. Utah State​
17. Fresno State​
18. Washington … up one spot from last week
19. Texas​
20. Penn State​
21. Florida​
22. NC State​
23. Cincinnati​
24. Utah … down eight spots from last week
25. Iowa State​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Others Receiving Votes: Michigan State (6-3) 144; Auburn (6-3) 106; Iowa (6-3) 87; Wisconsin (6-3) 64; UAB (8-1) 64; Oregon (6-3) 51; Houston (7-2) 41; Army West Point (7-2) 34; Buffalo (8-1) 22; Texas A&M (5-4) 16; San Diego State (7-2) 15; Purdue (5-4) 13; Boise State (7-2) 12; Duke (6-3) 11; Pittsburgh (5-4) 10; South Florida (7-2) 10; South Carolina (5-3) 7; Missouri (5-4) 2; Appalachian State (6-2) 2; Northwestern (5-4) 1; North Texas (7-2) 1

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back