What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Signing Day II

RSSBot

News Junkie

Signing Day II

CU Class of 2019 … Expected to sign on February 6th:

(bold denotes Letter of Intent received by CU)

Wide receivers … La’Vontae Shenault … Tarik Luckett

Offensive linemen … Nikko Pohahau

Defensive linemen … Jayden Simon … Lloyd Murray

Linebackers … Quinn Perry … Jamar Montgomery

Defensive backs … D.J. Oats … Trustin Oliver

CU Class of 2019 … Twenty-six commitments

Recruits by position … Quarterbacks: 0 … Running backs: 2 … Wide receivers: 4 … Tight ends: 1 … Offensive linemen: 5 … Defensive linemen: 6 … Linebackers: 4 … Defensive backs: 4 …

Recruits are from … Colorado: 5 … California: 7 … Texas: 3 … Michigan: 2 … Alabama: 2 … Austria: 1 … American Samoa: 1 … Oregon: 1 … Mississippi: 1 … Virginia: 1 … … Washington: 1 … Georgia: 1

December high school signees:

DAVIS, Joe* … RB
HAM II, Marvin … LB
HUFFMAN-DIXON, Braedin… WR
JOHNSON, Austin* … OL
MANGHAM, Jaren* … RB
PELL, Alec* … LB
PERRY, Mark … DB
RODMAN, Na’im … DL
SENN, Valentin … OL
TRUJILLO, K.J.* … DB
WILEY, Jake … OL
WILLIAMS, Austin … DL

Junior college transfers:

ALLEN, Jash … LB
DOSS, Jeremiah* … DL
JORDAN, Janaz … DL
SAUVAO, Va’atofu* … OL

Graduate transfer:

HARRIS, Jalen* … TE

Greyshirt (From the Class of 2018):

GUSTAV, Joshka* … LB

*Denotes January enrollee – will be available for spring practices

—–

Vontae Shenault – WR

Official CU Signing Day bio of Vontae Shenault can be found here

Just the facts … Committed February 4th … Shenault is a 6’1″, 186-pound wide receiver from Desoto, Texas Rivals bio 247 Sports bio

What others say about Shenault … Shenault is rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals, but a three-star prospect by 247 Sports. At Rivals, Shenault is considered to be the No. 29 wide receiver in the nation, the No. 24 overall prospect out of the state of Texas from the Recruiting Class of 2019, and the No. 198 overall player in the nation. At 247 Sports, Shenault is rated as the No. 47 wide receiver in the nation, the No. 49 player out of the state of Texas, and the No. 400 player nationally.

This past year, Shenault hauled in 73 passes, accounted for 1,421 all-purpose yards, and scored eight touchdowns in 12 games at DeSoto.

Evaluation from Gabe Brooks from 247 SportsShenault is a long, lean receiver prospect who can stretch the field in the vertical passing game. The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Shenault shows above average top-end speed in the deep portion of the field and can hit the home run over the top of the defense.

Overall, Shenault is a great pickup for Colorado. He is definitely a Power Five-caliber receiver prospect with what should be a high physical ceiling. He has faced outstanding competition relative to the high school level in practice and games and knows what it’s like to play in high-leverage contests.

Shenault had other offers from … over a dozen other schools, including Arizona State and Utah from the Pac-12. Other Power-Five conference offers came from Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Illinois, TCU, West Virginia and Purdue. Shenault was a Texas Tech commit from June to December, 2018, but de-committed when head coach Kliff Klingsbury was fired.

In his own words … From his commitment tweet: “I would like to thank all of the coaches and programs who have invested their time in me and consideration you have given. Thank you to the new Colorado coaching staff for continuing to believe in me throughout the entire recruiting process. All that to say … I will be joining my brothers Laviska and KD. I am proudly committing to the University of Colorado. Go Buffs!”

Here is a link to Shenault’s Hudl.com highlights

—–

Daniel (D.J.) Oats – CB

CU’s official Signing Day bio of D.J. Oats can be found here

Just the facts ... Committed January 13th … Oats is a 6’0″, 190-athlete from Arlington, Texas who projects as a cornerback Rivals bio 247 Sports

What others say about Oats … Despite playing in Texas, rushing for over 1,000 yards as a senior, and running a reported 4.25 in the 40, Oats was not rated by either Rivals or 247 Sports at the time of his commitment. Later, Oats received a three-star rating from 247 Sports, but only a two-star rating by Rivals. According to 247 Sports, Oats is considered the No. 136 athlete in the nation, the No. 208 overall prospect out of the state of Texas, and the No. 1,612 player overall in the nation.

As a senior, Oats rushed 127 times for 1,155 yards and 14 touchdowns with another 11 receptions for 130 yards and a score.

“I am just so proud of D.J.”, Elite Football Talent Coach Mill told BuffStampede.com. “His grandma, aunt and uncle took him in but he lost both of his parents. The kid is a success story. He is driven by angels. The kid can fly and he is a super hard worker.”

Oats had other offers from ... wait for it … Toledo and Trinity International (that’s in Illinois, folks).

In his own words … Oats’ tweet announcing his commitment: “After a great official visit and talk with the coaches, I am announcing my commitment to the University of Colorado! I want to thank my family and my coaches for helping me achieve my dreams to play college football at the next level. This has been a long and emotional process, but with that being said, I will now be a part of the tradition. Go Buffs!”

Here is a link to the Hudl.com highlights from his senior year.

—–

Lloyd Murray, Jr. – DL

Official CU Signing Day bio of Lloyd Murray, Jr., can be found here

Just the facts … Committed February 3rd … Murray is a 6’2″, 310-pound defensive tackle from Wichita Falls, Texas Rivals bio 247 Sports bio

What other say about Murray … Murray is rated as a three-star prospect by both Rivals and 247 Sports. At 247 Sports, Murray is considered to be the No. 93 defensive tackle in the nation, the No. 180 overall player out of Texas, and the No. 1,419 prospect in the nation. As a three-year letterman at Hirschi, Murray racked up a total of 98 tackles, 38 hurries, seven sacks and he had 10 fumble involvements.

From Gabe Brooks at 247 SportsMurray is a bull-rusher who relies on his girth and strength to overwhelm high school opponents. With that in mind, he will need to add nuance to his game to transition to the Pac-12 level. He has shown an occasional swim move, but has been limited from a pass-rush arsenal standpoint. Murray will need to improve his hand violence and arm extension to help him disengage from college blockers. He also must maintain his weight and conditioning as his build could lead to getting out of shape.

Murray had other offers from … seemingly half the nation. While some prospects over-report their offer sheet, if even half of Murray’s list is accurate, he was a sought after recruit. Committed to Ole Miss for about a month last spring, Murray had offers from the Arizona schools, USC and Oregon from the Pac-12, as well as national powers Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Georgia … and about two dozen other schools.

Judge for yourself … Here is a link to Murray’s Hudl.com senior year highlights.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back